Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Sunday, April 17, 2005

CAFFEINNNNNNNNNE.... YEAAAAAAAAH!...WHOAAAA!

LEMME TELL YA WHAT... ALOT OF STUFF JUST KINDA BLURRRRRRRZZZZ BY WHEN YOU HAVE ALOTTTTTTTTTTT OF CAFFEINNNNNEE AT WORKKKKKKKKK!

WHOAAAAAAAAA!!! YEAHHHHH... GOTTA LOVE IT!!! ZZZZZZIPPPITYYY DOOO DAAAAH.... ZZIPPP ZIPPP ZIPPPPP!!! (I originally posted this part in orange.... but decided it needed to be Mountain Dew Green!)

Ok... I am better now! Let's just say I was moooooooovin' right along today at work. Got lots of stuff done... pretty productive day. I am not moving quite as fast physically as I was... but my brain is sure still whizzin'!

I am gonna say something really gross... but I feel like it is something that might be of some interest to people. Well... maybe not... but I found it fascinating the first time I realized it... and it still fascinates me to this day. (in a second or two... I have to tell ya some other stuff first)

My friend, Thelma, would understand and knows EXACTLY what I am talking about! Thelma and I became friends when I started working at a grocery store here in town years ago. She was the best cake decorator in town... and in my opinion... still is and always will be!

My mom and Aunt Dorcille used to decorate cakes and wedding cakes as I grew up... and I used to love to watch them. I loved to play with the left over bags of icing. My mom used to teach me how to do "squiggleys" and "drop flowers" on waxed paper. She used to let me play with them until I was really sticky... then enough was enough.

Well... when I worked at the bakery with Thelma... I used to watch her when I had spare time. We would visit while she worked and she would show me how she did stuff. I absorbed everything she did... and I knew in my heart that if I practiced... I could do it.

Graduation weekend one year... I got my chance. Thelma needed help and we were very very busy with lots of cake orders. I didn't know enough at first to help her "decorate" the cakes... so she showed me how to "set up" a cake for her to decorate.

((I will get to the fascinating thing after a bit!))

I would take the orders... and put together the cakes by cutting them out to the correct size... filling them with the appropriate fillings... and icing them smooth and plain so that Thelma could decorate them. I just kind of got thrown in to it that weekend and I think I did pretty good. Thelma and I were at the store a couple of nights until the bakers came in the next morning!! *bakers start their days at 2:00a.m.* (and we had been there the whole day before)

We had more fun decorating than anything else. We would talk about our lives... and our feelings and relationships with God... and our families... and cakes... and just stuff. We became the best of friends... and I love Thelma with all my heart! God planned for us to be friends... and I am glad he made us realize that!!

I learned some good wordages from Thelma.

Wordages means... made up words that really do mean something.
Here are some of my favorites:
Squidgey: a blur of icing that doesn't really look like anything in particular... but can MAKE itself fit into whatever you are decorating.
Bloop: a glob of icing that doesn't really look like anything in particular... but can MAKE itself fit into whatever you are decorating.
Foink: what your hair does when it keeps falling down into your eyes while you are decorating.

You can have "bloop flowers" and "squidgey flowers" and a "foink" can also mean that your icing kinda foinked in the wrong direction.

Ploop: is what happens when your icing tip explodes out of the end of your icing bag and lands in the middle of your cake... for example... "OH MAN! MY ICING JUST PLOOPED OUT ON MY CAKE!" (it is also very similar to the sound it makes when it happens).

There are other words... but I usually remember them when the thing they describe happens. Every time they happen... I just kind of giggle to myself while I am decorating... sometimes I think people look at me funny... but I am usually too busy to notice.

It is a known fact that really funny songs about overflowing bubbles in a very large industrial sized sink can be created at 1:30 in the morning while laughing with your best friend!! (remember that one Thelma? I have it written down somewhere!)

Today at work...(I work at a Wal*Mart Supercenter bakery)... I had alot of fun! I think the caffeine had some effect on that. I was using the airbrush on several of the things I was decorating today. An airbrush gun has a little "ink" well kind of thing and a long tube attached to an air pump. In the little well you put liquid airbrush food coloring. ((here comes the fascinating thing I wanted to tell you))... when you airbrush... the particles of food coloring kind of invisibly float through the air... and not knowing it... you breathe it in... through your nose. The first time I ever blew my nose after I had decorated something I was SOOOOOO shocked!! My boogies were multi-colored!!

NO KIDDING! When I told Thelma about that... she stopped what she was doing and laughed so hard and all she said was... "Oh yeah... I should have told ya about that!" We got a really good belly laugh out of that one. Why am I telling you about this? Well... it is something that people should know! This is a truly fascinating occurence in the life of a cake decorator! Today I was brushin' all kinds of colors... and when I got out to the car at the end of my day... I had a virtual rainbow on my kleenex!! I know, I know... "ewwww... that's gross!" But I think of it like this... even movie stars have boogies... but they don't have RAINBOW BOOGIES!! hehehehehehehe!

((I just read this to my daughter... Hannah... and she said... "You are soooooo retarded." and she giggled. She has seen what I speak of... and is also fascinated. hehehehehe)) EEEWWWWWW!

posted by ~Suzii~ at 7:15 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

I agree with Hannahbanana. Love you, Karim

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons