Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Prayer To God...

I was looking for a recipe book to find a cookie recipe for my friend Thelma... and I came across one of my writing notebooks that I thought I had lost. I have been looking for this particular notebook for a long time now. (I even found the cookie recipe). I was looking through the notebook and I found an entry and also a prayer that I had written to God that I forgot I wrote about.

My mama had passed away on August 9th 2000... I wrote the entry and the prayer on November 19th 2000.

Entry:
I have found myself running from God ever since my mom died. I have been running hard against the wind. But the Lord is my shepherd... and everso gently he pulls me back to him. I haven't been able to go to church lately. Sort of convenient when you are running.

Then I wrote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son... that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Then on the next page... I wrote the prayer... and I remember I had spent alot of time crying... actually sobbing... in between the first entry... and the prayer.

Nov. 19, 2000
Dear Lord... I am sorry for running away from you lately. The closer I got to you the worse I looked. The more ugliness I saw. It terrified me. I am so imperfect. The more I could see wrong with me - the further away from you I wanted to be because I thought once again... "Who am I?" Compared to you Lord I am but a speck of dirt. The more I saw, the worse I felt. I know that you have called me to write. But when I feel so inadequate I don't even feel like I would do a good job with that. The past few weeks Lord... it has been real convenient to work late on Sunday mornings. I didn't want to go to church to "expose my dirt" or to notice more wrong about me. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able--with all my faults--to live up to all that you expect from me. I was running my race against all the other runners. Pushing against the flow. What I thought would be the easy way out-- ended up making me struggle more and get more tired as I went. I wanted to run the race. But the path marked out for me seemed ominous and hard. I kept seeing all the huge boulders in the path that I was too tired to get around. Tired because I used up all of my energy fighting against you. You who were the champion before the game was ever played. I want to run my race--I want to run it in the right direction. But I want to do more than just run the race-- I want to win my prize. I don't want to get to heaven and show my crown empty of jewels. I don't want my crown to be a rusty old bent up coat hanger with a piece of last years Christmas tinsel hanging off of one side. I can only hope for a crown of the purest gold adorned with the most precious of all jewels. Lord-- tie your leg to mine and let's win this 3 legged race together. For your legs are stronger and faster than mine-- and you know the right direction to run in. I want you to teach me Lord. Give me the words I am supposed to write. Shine your light on my heart and soul. Illuminate my soul. Bring forth all things good in me and discard all things bad. Today when I went to church-- you knew I would feel as though I had a cold hard heart. But you also knew that when you said, "I dare you" that you would get my attention. And it ends up that with just one small whisper of a touch from your grace and love-- what I thought was a cold solid stone heart-- would melt. You have known me since before I was created. You gave to me all that I am. You filled me with your love and have been my shepherd all my life. Gently pulling me back to you as I stray blindly away from you. You knew that the very first bible verse in Christian school that I had memorized would mean so much to me today... November 19, 2000. And you knew that today would be the day that I would read and understand the next five verses after...

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only son. This is the verdict: light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." John 3:17-21

Lord I want to run the race and be a winner. I want to personally glorify your name. I am asking for your help though Lord. Please keep me close to your side. Keep me focused on the finish line and make me aware everyday of all the reasons why I must finish the race. Straighten my path and make me strong enough to win. Take my worries away Lord... I'm going to let you have them all. With each worry that I give to you Lord, send back a blessing in it's place. Keep my heart strong... not hard, and keep my mind open... not shut. Keep my eyes fixed on you Lord-- Do Not let them be led astray... and keep my pen writing-- so that I can share with others how you have made my life changed and better.

I never finished this prayer.... but I do now.... IN JESUS NAME... AMEN.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 12:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons