Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My Friends...

I was kinda bad today. I skipped out on my best friend and our walk. My energy was sapped. My body didn't hurt as bad... but this little allergy/congestion crud that I have goin' on is just miserable. I am not making excuses... just being honest. I feel honestly BAD though. But Thelma came to my house a lookin' for me. Where did she find me? In bed. Snoozin'... yep... snoozin'. I promised her I would ride my exercise bike to make up for the fact that I was a woosey today! She did the sweetest thing for me. She made me a workout shirt. She put the picture of me that I have on my profile on it shaped as a heart. She put little butterflies and ladybugs all over it... and my name "Suzii" is on the sleeve... and above my picture she put "Lady of Grace" "... a work in progress." She printed them all out onto iron on paper then put them on the shirt. It was the most 'wondermus' thing I think in the entire world. That picture for me is my inspiration. When I see it every day here on this site... it makes me feel like..."Wow! That really was ME!" (and it keeps my fires burnin' to keep pluggin' along!) What a gift that was! What is more a gift to me... is the friendship that I share with Thelma. I need to get a picture of her and post it here so everyone can see who I am actually talking about! I will have to take Hannah's camera with me sometime then upload it here.

I got an email from my friend Monique. I met her when I moved to the Oregon coast. We worked together at the assisted living facility. She keeps me updated on some of the residents... and some of the happenings there. She always lets me know how the weather is... (which I miss terribly!) Once in a while I will tell her to blow a kiss to the ocean for me... and tell it that I miss it! Kind of strange huh? I miss her...(ALOT!) We are thinking on going back down there for a visit for a few days at the end of September/first of October... (after most of the tourists leave!!) The prices of the motels start to go down then too! It will be a nice visit and I hope to get to see everyone... although... I will NEVER return to the facility I worked at. The administration left a very bad taste in my mouth... so to speak.

I also heard from my step-mother, Donna. It was nice to hear from her. Sometimes I get so caught up writing on here.. I forget to send emails to everybody. I am hoping that her and my dad will get a chance to come and visit us. We had talked about it when we visited with them in April. I hope they still plan to come up this way sometime!

I got a couple emails from my cousin Denise this week too. I don't really know what to say to her. She is in a very frustrating situation. Her and her new husband from Egypt are having a hard time with things. I feel bad for her having to go through some of the trials she is going through. But I can't help but to think that if you are not where you are supposed to be in life... life will seem miserable. I know that finances are tight for them... and perhaps they feel like there is no way out of the mess they are in. I honestly feel like money or not... if it would make life easier... just make up your mind... and do it... go... leave the disaster and move to where you are supposed to be. I know first hand that it is hard to leave somewhere when you don't have the finances. But.... on the other hand... I have done it... and have been blessed in doing so. I have left terrible situations on a wing and a prayer... and if it is truly where God wants you to be... then HE will make it all happen. There is more out there... you don't have to be "stuck". That is kind of where I am in my life. I am not "stuck"... things are uncomfortable in certain areas for me... but I choose to walk towards something better... no matter what the cost.... and I am seeing blessings already in just making a positive effort to move in the direction that my heart of hearts wants to be in. I took my whole family a few years ago... with just enough money for gas... and a u-haul... and left. We started over... twice! (within six weeks time). But... because I knew it was the best for our situation... we were blessed by "JUST DOING IT!" It was scary... we didn't know if we would have a good place to live... we didn't know if my job would work out for me... we had no clue... and no money.... but it worked out. (And I saved my family from being destroyed! No... I didn't... God did!) I really don't know what else to say... other than I love them... and I pray for them. Sometimes I don't even know what to pray for them. Are they willing to listen to what God wants for them? I know... because I have been there many times... that when you feel like you are in a mucky pit of despair... it seems like there is nothing left. But there is. You cannot make stupid people change (meaning ignorant bosses... or whoever)... but you CAN change YOURSELF. Take heart, Denise, all is not lost... but you do have to make it happen for yourself. No one else can do it for you. I don't mean to sound preachy. But I have been there. I know how horrible things can be... when you are not where you are supposed to be.


***This is for my cousin... Denise. I hope that you take this to heart Niecie.***

Psalm 86 "Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you , O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

The arrogant are attacking me, O God; a band of ruthless men seeks my life - men without regard for you. But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Turn to me and have mercy on me; grant your strength to your servant and save the son of your maidservant. Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me."





posted by ~Suzii~ at 9:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons