Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, May 26, 2005

"On Earth As It Is In Heaven"...

I know for a fact that the Lord blesses those who are faithful to him. Fascinating and wonderful things are happening... even in the midst of trial and suffering. Once again I can feel God's presence in my life... and I am just lovin' it! We have been suffering financially for the past year. Don't get me wrong... I am making good wages... but... because of past medical bills every one of my paychecks for the past year has been garnished... and they have taken 25% of every one. We have struggled through... somehow making it day to day. I know there are those whose financial difficulties are far greater than mine... but the Lord will bless them as well if they believe it and just ask. I believe that with all my heart.

We have officially not had a car for 6 days now. I have managed ((with the help of three co-workers and one awesome friend)) to get to and from work this past week. On top of that... I have been very sick this past couple weeks... unable to breathe and having coughing attacks that just won't quit. (Today I am feeling pretty good!) It always seems like just when we start getting ahead in life... we get attacked with all kinds of horrible things.

Well... I also believe that it is our God given right to have our life blessed in all areas. It has been a struggle trying to figure out why... when we have biblical promises that God wants us to have so many wonderful things... why then do we struggle so hard sometimes? I have asked God that many times. He is probably tired of hearing me whine and ask "Why God... why me?" ((whine whine sniffle sniffle))

I have learned this past week... that it is the way in which we ask God for blessings that make a difference. I will tell you right now... I give God all the glory... it is only because of him that I wake up every morning and go to sleep every night. He is what makes everything between those two times happen. I have learned... (and have been taught this before... but just the past couple days have I actually been reminded of it and put it in motion)... that God wants us to go to him personally... and quietly... and gently ask him for the things we need. I don't seem to get anywhere by begging him and squawking loudly and bawling and whining to him about the things I don't have that I need. HE KNOWS WHAT I NEED! He wants to give me the desires of my heart. He does not want his children to suffer. Just like I would not want Hannah to suffer in any way, shape, or form. It would break my heart to see her in horrible situations. God feels that way toward us.

Let me share this with you...

Matthew 6:5-15 (NIV Bible) "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' ((in other bible versions after "deliver us from the evil one" I have read "for yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever... Amen")) For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive you sins."

These are words that Jesus spoke. How simple is that? Can you imagine this: YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN... Can you just imagine how wonderful life in heaven is? No sickness, no disease, no pain, no hardship, no worries, no debt, no hate, no lies, no sadness... only the wonderful things are in heaven... not the horrible things that plague us here on earth. AND WE CAN HAVE IT ON EARTH... AS IT IS IN HEAVEN! That's what I want! There is so much power in those verses. So much humble... quiet... power!

Let me share this with you as well. Yesterday I went to my heavenly Father in prayer. Yesterday afternoon... we received a letter in the mail stating that our garnishments were finished. We also received another letter stating that because we showed an interest in paying our past debts... that they were willing to make payment arrangements with us! So to make a long story short... Rich called them... and instead of having $350.00 taken out of my checks every month... we only have to pay them $100.00 per month. What a financial blessing for us! And I give God all the glory for that! He gives mercy and shows favor to those who are faithful and believe in him with all their hearts. It is so simple to love God... and it is so wonderful to have him love ya back!

Also... today the auto shop is going to bring a loaner car to us to use! YIPEE!! Our car will probably be fixed by the 3rd or 4th of June. It will cost about $1654.00 to fix... but insurance will probably take care of most of that!

I believe in God... I believe in miracles... and I want to share his love for us with the world! Does that make me a weirdo? Well... if some people think so... then that's ok with me! I just hope and pray that everyone has the opportunity to share in the blessings that God has for them. Life is so much easier when ya don't have to trudge through it all alone!

Today is a wonderful day. I wanted to let you all know that even the darkest of days... and the most difficult of hardships... can all be turned around. Just gotta know who to ask... and how to ask it.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 1:18 PM

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons