Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Words From My Past... to Speechless...

I haven't written anything for a couple of days. I was busy at work... and busy after work... and had to work early... went fishing(!)... had appointments in Spokane... and now...............I can rest! ((and write))

I have decided to post a few things that I have found tucked away inside my bible that I have written in the past. As I sit here and read through them... I can say that I have come a long way since I wrote these. I can still feel the depth of my emotions that I had when I put those words on the paper. It is very healing to my spirit to know that God is faithful and loves us beyond all measure.

The first thing I would like to share is a poem that I wrote on 10-12-00. (Two months and three days after my mother passed away)... it is untitled...

The agony that cuts so deep.
The anguished ripping sorrow.
So ever present tearing my heart.

The pain and tears flow freely
From deep inside a bottomless well.
To heal and find comfort for my heart.

The aching in my arms to reach out.
No more sensation of a touch.
The bond once held in our heart.

The death. The silence.
The end of precious life.
Longing to find peace of heart.

The emptiness forever echoing.
My thoughts so hard to bear.
Weighing like an anchor tied around my heart.

The love. The friendship.
The purely unselfish sacrifices.
Never to be measured by another's heart.

Oh God I miss you mama
Even more as time goes by.
I hate the sadness in my heart.

When I wrote this... I was deep into mourning my mother's death. I honestly could not see me ever healing from it. I have healed. My heart does not cry anymore. Yes, I miss my mother more than words can say... but I know that I will see her again in eternity.

The second thing I want to share is a letter I wrote to God and stuck it in my bible. It was probably written around September of 2002. (I know this because I asked God about 'moving' and we did eventually move in September 2002)

Dear God...
It's me, Suzii. My mom is a new visitor to your house. She is a very special lady. Please give her all your finest. In my eyes she deserves it. She was my best friend Jesus. I'm still not quite sure how I am going to handle not having her to talk with. I miss her very much. My heart is aching and the tears often well up from the pit of my stomach. Does she miss me? I hope that she is pleased with everything I have done to honor her memory. I don't know what plans you have in store for me & my family but I sure hope it brings financial freedom and my successful coffee shop. I also hope you shed some light on prospects of moving or not. Please Jesus... guide our paths... light our way... give us the knowledge and wisdom to choose and do the things that will bring us to the awesome place you must have in store for us. Jesus... touch my heart. Repair the tears... patch the holes. Bring peace to my soul and comfort to my heart and mind.
Oh... and let my mom see all of my successes. I used to like to share them with her. Give her a big hug and kiss for me. And tell her thank you for all that she's done for me. But most of all... tell her that I love her very very much.

Love
Suzii
Well... I do not have my coffee shop... YET! But we did end up moving to Newport, Oregon for two and a half years! It was the most beautiful place in the world to heal the hurts my family was suffering. We healed our relationship there. We learned how to love each other again. We became a little more financially stable than we had been... (and still are striving to reach financial freedom)... I still think about my mother... (alot!)... but the tears don't flow as much... and my heart does not rip apart any longer. The deep aching empty holes that once riddled my heart have been patched over with comfort and peace. My mind and soul can see more clearly now as to the true treasures of this life... and I feel the love of my mother... and family... in every fiber of my being... and I know that THEY know... that I love them as well.
The next thing I want to share was also tucked inside my bible. It was written on an Excell Bakery cake order form. When I was on lunch break one time I wrote it.
Of course you probably wouldn't know it... but it has been about 5 months since I've written anything. My thoughts lately have been preoccupied, stirred up, turned upside down and scattered to the wind. But we have an awesome God who is faithful to us if we are faithful to him. He allows us time to gather and sort and properly file our brains at a pace that is comfortable. Sometimes he may allow it to seem a little uncomfortable. But when you finally do get ready to take control and have a focus, you are more able to clearly see. It's like a gently fog rolling back off of the ocean. The more it dissipates the farther off on the horizon you can see.
I carefully re-tucked all of these notes back into my bible. The past words I have written are a foundation to the words that are yet to come. They keep me focused and allow me to remember exactly what I have been through... and what I was feeling at that time. It is awesome to see how far I have come since alot of those words were written.
Now I would like to share with you a place in the bible. Sometimes you read something in there that just touches you in the core of your heart. You may have read it a gozillian times in the past... but sometimes it just reaches out to you. This is one of those places.
1 Peter 1:3-12 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things."
I am speechless. (Speechless=not capable of being expressed in words)


posted by ~Suzii~ at 8:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons