Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

In order for you to get the full effect of what I am about to say... please read my post from April 12, 2005 titled... "Remembering..."

I remember how proud my dad was to be a California Highway Patrolman when I was little. He used to lay out all of his brass... and shoes. I watched him many many times polish his brass until it shined like gold. His shoes were so shiney they were like smooth black mirrors. All of his leather belts and holster always smelled so good to me. I still love the smell of a leather jacket or a leather purse because of those memories. I was very proud of him. I remember feeling safe and secure. Sometimes he would bring his patrol car home. He always flashed the lights for me to see. I remember once listening to the song... "Unicorn" by the Irish Rovers... my dad was napping on the living room couch and I got all excited because I thought they were talking about uniforms!

I remember bringing home a huge Christmas tree one time with him when I was a little girl. We both stood behind it and rang the door bell to surprise my mom when she opened the door.

I remember going out for dinner all the time with my dad and mom. Hmmm... let's see... we used to go to Alphy's, Tugboat Annie's, Gus' Burritos (remember... don't cuss call Gus??), Ferrell's Ice Cream Parlor, The Steak Corral (and I loved the little graveyard with fakey tombstones in the far corner of the parking lot!), Bob's Big Boy (my dad always took my picture with "Bob"... the big chubby hamburger guy standing out front), Tastey Freeze (MMMM taquitos!), Vincent's Spaghetti, and my all time favorite... Espios! ((I hope I spelled that right)). Going out for dinner was always a good time.

I remember going camping all the time. We always had the ultimate of camping trips. And... I remember every little thing about the trip from California to Florida and up to Connecticut?? was it?? I remember Uncle Bob's restaurant. Him letting me sit at the bar after they closed and me getting toasted on Shirley Temples with extra cherries!!

I remember you chasing that stupid cat "Al" all over that windy town in Wyoming one night. That cat drove everyone nuts... then I think she turned out to be an "Alice"... I'm not sure... but it was a strange cat.

I remember you throwing me into Albany Cove hoping I would just take off swimming. (By the way... I do know how to swim now)

I remember you always having to come and rescue me from the tops of slides. I always wanted to go down them... but once I got up to the top... the fear of being that far from the ground stopped me dead in my tracks. (It always felt safer when you went down with me anyways). By the way... I am still EXTREMELY fearful of heights... ask me someday about going up into the lighthouse when I was 32!

I remember when you and mom got divorced. I cried and cried. I missed you... I hated you... I loved you. I remember saying mean things to you... because I was hurting so bad. I remember writing you mean letters. It was (at the time) the only way I knew to hurt you back. Only now... I realize that maybe you were hurting already. Please forgive me?

I remember seeing you from time to time as a teenager... and getting those surprise postcards from everywhere you had been. Things changed alot in our relationship. For a while our relationship became non-existent.

I remember when you and Donna got married. Donna wore my 8th grade graduation dress. I was happy that you found someone... really I was... deep down inside.

I remember you taking me out for dinner once before I went off to get married and you tried to talk me out of it. ((I'm glad I didn't listen!! Been married 18+ years now))

I remember you coming to visit Hannah, your granddaughter, when she was just a little baby. Then... I wasn't sure about it all... but now I wish you could have had the chance to spend more time with her as she grew up. She loves you ya know! "Grandpa"

As I sat in your home this past April... I saw the daddy I have missed out on for so many years. Your eyes sparkled so brightly... and I loved seeing you smile and laugh. Your whole face lit up... cheeks pushin' up into your eyes... and your silly crooked teeth. Your hair is grey... but it looks real good on ya... I'm sure you worked hard for every last one! (I found a picture of you with brown hair and NO BELLY!! hehehe... I will have to send it to ya!) You are the only parent I have left. The only one left that helped to create ME. Had it not been for the choices you made... I would not be here to tell you how much I really do love you. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY... DAD!

posted by ~Suzii~ at 6:49 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons