Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Monday, June 20, 2005

"Our People Make The Difference"

I love my job at Wal*Mart. I am thankful they hired me because my family needs to survive! Wal*Mart... like any job... has it's stressful points about it. I like to find humor in life... and I love to write about it. I write a lot of serious stuff as well....... but this just couldn't be one of those days! I am sure that any of you that has worked in a Wal*Mart will probably appreciate the following:

I'm so tired today. The "regional" Wal*Mart big wigs were at the store today. Their plane from Arkansas landed in Spokane rumordly at 8am-ish this morning. Picture this... all of the "regular" walmart big wigs (our store big wigs) have been prepping us for MASS product. Get it out... Fill it full! No holes! We want shelves packed to capacity! ((for the past two days))... all awaiting "the arrival". Instead of one or two daily walkthroughs in the departments... they came around about every half hour. Then.... we get the word...... the big wigs rumordly decided not to go to the Northpointe store in Spokane (maybe they did... I don't know).... and they were coming straight for us! Work faster! Get it done! Pack those shelves! Clean everything... and make it all sparkley and bright! Then..........comes an update........ they are a half hour away....... FASTER FASTER!!! MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!!! So... all is buzzin'... civilian people are trying to stay clear of the "Walmartian" trying to pack each and every shelf to it's utmost capacity..... all thinking...."Don't buy that!! Don't touch that!!! Can't you wait to buy groceries until AFTER the "ARKANSASIANS" LEAVE!!!!!! Then..... the final time count.... they will be here in 5 minutes....(at this point... I am picturing a little stowaway in the trunk of their car.... calling all the walmarts letting them know where in their Northwest journey they are at any given point in time). Then....... the moment arrives........ it's do or die time..... we can only do what we can do...... they are here..... THE ARKANSASIANS HAVE LANDED!!!!!!!! They somberly wander around the store.... gazing at various things..... talking with various people.... A hush is felt in the heart of all Walmartians........ "Is our department next?" "Do you think we will do ok?" "Do you think they will notice such & such.....?" Finally they arrive to our department.... packed to capacity......(which most of the stuff will not sell at all.... but it sure looks good.... doen-it?)...... there they stand... in front of my cake case next to the "ever dreaded breadsticks" that the bakers just "love" making...... they squish and feel a couple of things....... look around a little bit...... then just walk away. WHAT?????? Is that ALL? Don't you want to come back and see everything all lined up like little walmart soldiers ready to fight the good retail fight??? We did all this... for a couple lil squisheys and a glance? (((Here is where I need to just "put it in a bubble and let it go"... as one of my co-workers would say))). This was my day today..... and I am glad tomorrow is another day. All Colville Walmartians can resume a normal everyday life of making our customers feel like #1. Support our 401K..."How may I help you?"

posted by ~Suzii~ at 10:20 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

giggling maniacly (because I've been there...in THAT store) I am picturing MIB clad men in dark glasses lined up along 395 with handheld "communicatons devices". "They've just passed mile marker 35 and are heading straight for Chewelah. Estimated time of arrival 42 minutes 18 seconds and counting..."
Actually, even a statement would have been worthwhile..."nice buns".

11:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Oh, I forgot...
Walmart ROCKS, man!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons