Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Anything and Everything We Are Able To Do... Is a Gift


Does anyone ever go through their archives and think... "Wow! That was GOOD!" (???) I have found myself going back through mine and doing that. For me the same emotion that I felt as I was writing it then... is still there as I read it. I forgot about alot of the things I have written about. For me... alot of what I have written about certain things... has been a way to validate, confirm, and heal areas in my life. It is really good for me to have this outlet to release and organize my heart, mind, and soul.

This morning... my family and I were going through things... (kinda spring cleaning... only it's summer). I came across some of my mama's old sketch books. I have had them in the same place for a long time. I knew they were there. I have looked at them a gozillian times. Today... just like all the times in the past... I looked at them as if it were for the very first time. She had such a gift and talent. I thank God that some of that was passed down to me. I think I got it... because she shared it with me. She would show me things that she was working on. She would explain to me and answer all the silly questions I would come up with.

"Mommy, why do you have to squeeze the eraser like playdough?" "Mommy, why do you have a whole bunch of different pencils?" "Mommy, why do you rub your fingers across your picture sometimes?"

I flipped through some of the little pictures stapled together... and came across a drawing she had done of her own hand. I got a little choked up. I wanted to touch it... but did not want to smudge the lines that she had so carefully smoothed on the paper.

I miss her. I will see her again one day. Then... she can explain to me all the really cool things she has drawn in heaven.

As I was cleaning... I came across a picture that I saved from a magazine that I have wanted to draw for a friend of mine for a couple years now. I also had a dream about heaven that I wanted to try and get out on paper. I think those feelings of needing a pencil in my fingers are stirring.

There are actually many things my mother was gifted in... that has been sprinkled through my blood. We have both done pictures out of pencil, charcoal, watercolor, and oil. My mother could write... although she didn't much. She could decorate beautiful cakes... I am a cake decorator. She loved the Lord with all her heart, mind, and soul... and so do I.

Some of my "child art" is sprinkled through my mother's sketch book... such a treasure. I am going to scan some of the smaller of my mother's sketchings. As I look through them... I realize they are of simple things that adorned our home. Things that she enjoyed looking at. I hope you enjoy them too.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 3:22 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

How awesome that you have these things to remember your mom by, and recall the memories they call forth.

I definately do not have any talent in drawing, neither does my mom. I really wish I had those kinds of talents used with that side of the brain (forget which side it is). That is something I get envious about, when I see others drawing, painting, playing musical instruments, etc.

I have other talents...just not really sure what they are, other than knitting and crocheting...

8:30 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Gosh, the drawing of your mother's hand sure brings back a lot of memories! She had beautiful hands! And she had her own nails and kept them so impeccable! But, it was what she did with those hands that means the most to all of us. I miss her, too, Suze. I love you. Niecie.

2:02 AM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

I love you too Niecie. I am glad you and Karim finally have your own apartment! What a relief that must be!!! Goin' to your mom's tonight for Chicken and dumplings... mmmmmmm!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons