Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wide Awake At 2:30 a.m. (ugh)

I was sleeping so good... until I woke up. Darn it anyways! I really don't like nights like tonight. Bedroom too hot... then too cold... then hot again. Every time the dog moves... his tags "tinkle tinkle" as he shakes the wrinkles out of his ears... waking me up... and his pawing at a blanket to try to find comfort is cute... but annoying.

I decided a cup of hot peppermint tea would settle my stomach... and I decided to put it in one of my mother's old coffee cups... the one I would use, had I been sitting at her house on a saturday morning for a visit. Things always taste just a little sweeter, a little better, in that cup.

I also decided to read some of the postings of those I enjoy reading the postings of. I have not yet ventured into any new blogs of late. It seems I could go on forever... and my family would be jealous of my time being spent staring at a computer screen all day. I am dedicately habitual in reading those I have noticed so far... and enjoy them a great deal.

My tea has cooled off from it's state of boil... so it can finally be enjoyed without putting blisters all over my mouth.

As I sit here in the dark of my house... I am accompanied by the click of the keyboard... the sound of occasional vehicles across the valley on their journey to an unknown by me destination... the humming bubbles of four immaculately kept and beautiful fish tanks of my husband's hobby... the whir of fans from the bedrooms lulling my family to sleep.

I like to think of the distant sound of the cars... like the sound that the ocean makes. It is similar... believe it or not. I miss hearing the foghorn from the bay... but do get to hear seagulls occasionally in a parking lot in town. They must be in transit... or on a joyride flight across country. Maybe they get bored by the seashore and want to spread their wings and see new things.

I laid in bed thinking of my family. There aren't many of us left. I wondered and prayed that they were all okay. I prayed for them to have peace in their lives... and security... and love... and friendship... and prosperity.

I can see across the valley the slight beginnings of what would be the coming of the day. The mountains are defined by an ever so slight tinge of what is going to be a cloudless sunrise. I hope that today won't be quite as hot as it has been. Maybe I should get my requests in early... and ask God for a nice cool breeze to last all day today... so as to find relief in the sweltering heat of summer.

Speaking of sweltering heat... one of Hannah's friends that she has been babysitting for, Christina, went out the other day and bought herself a brand new $200.00 air conditioner. Her old one was "working just fine... but dripping" on the inside of her house. We asked her what she was going to do with her old one that was sitting outside on her porch. She said that she was just going to throw it away... and we could have it if we wanted it. Enough said... it was in the trunk and on it's way to our hot box of a house. Hannah and Rich brought it in the house... we cleaned it up... took the front panel off... and cleaned 100 years worth of dust and dust and more dust off of the coils... and it works like brand new. No "leaking". Do air conditioners leak? Apparently this one did. Maybe it just needed a good cleaning to keep condensation from building up... who knows. ((the dog... yesterday... slept on the arm of the couch... right in front of the cold air coming from it... no more "dog days of summer" for him!)) What a blessing! One mans trash is another mans treasure... to be sure! It goes in the window either today... or tomorrow...depending on time and fundage to buy a support system for it to hang out one of our windows.

Well... my tea is pretty well cool. My leg has got a really wonderful (not!) throb going on... and the sunrise is a twinge brighter. I am feeling the urge to head back to bed to see if I can find a few more winks somewhere left in my pillow. It is now 4:20 a.m. (time flies when you are having fun)

Be blessed throughout your day today. Know that God wants you to spend a little time with him today as well. Thank you for reading this... I hope it doesn't put you to sleep!!! LOL! (ahhhhh.... sleep)

A fellow blogger left a scripture on one of my comments that I really needed to hear... "Be still and know that I am God"... I think those are words to live by.

Good night-ish.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 6:53 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You are so right about reading blogs. Some days I can't get anything else done! It's kinda scary, in a way.

Beautiful thoughts. Thanks

7:39 AM  
Blogger ............... said...

Air conditioners "leak". It's part of the process. Ask her if it was leaking outside or inside. If outside, then there was nothing at all wrong with the air conditioner, because that is how they expel the condensation. I think it's funny that she thought it was leaking.

2:11 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I know that late night feeling well!

God is good!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sigh...air conditioning...I am sitting here in the hot kitchen with the fan blowing on me...it helps, but it's not air conditioning. Well, I won't complain...I'll just turn up the fan to "high", find some plastic penguines to place around the room, throw on a scarf...and pretend it's cooler than it is now...

7:52 PM  
Blogger Robb said...

Nice blog!

8:55 PM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

Thanks to all for stopping by and sharing in my sleeplessness! ;-) I enjoyed visiting Steve's, Sqirrels, and Robb's sites. I will visit again I am sure! (((The air conditioner... WORKS GREAT!!! YIPEE!)))

11:30 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Wait till you get the bill!
Oh, geez, that sounds just like something my Dad would say...lol!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons