Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Amen?

I tell you what... when the devil attacks you... he really tries the no holds barred method. I feel like my family and I have been duct taped to the sides of boxing ring ropes blindfolded with our hands tied behind our backs.

Let's see... hmmm... things really started getting hairy when I had to be off work for so long. Grrrrrr! I still have not been released back to work yet... but I have a doctor's appointment on the 4th. We will see how that all goes. My short term disability was denied... which doesn't surprise me at all. But that is ok. Saturday morning we woke to somewhat normal circumstances... then the dog started barking wildly at the woman who was delivering our 5 day eviction notice. Great... we get Rich's disability one day before we are suppose to be out on the street. Through the tears and anger and hurt... we managed to call every available rental in town... and still manage to "make a deal" with the landlord so we can stay here. In making that deal... to still have a home... we will not be able to make our car payment, nor our insurance which will be cancelled on the 4th at midnight. But... that's ok... we will have a home to live in for a while longer. So... here comes the "colortyme" truck... ready to pick up our washer and dryer because we are late on our payment. They left with no washer and dryer... YET. They can come and get it though... that's ok... because I am tired of "paying rent" for things that will never be mine. We bought a used washer and dryer from the friend from the orchard... the dryer is sitting in the front yard... and the washer has not yet been picked up from the orchard lady yet. But that is ok. Because the neighbor guy has said that he will help me get it from the orchard lady. Rich and I were going to do it ourselves... you know... be a little more self sufficient... and pay only $45.00 for a used set... instead of paying $70.00 a month. I am really glad the neighbor guy said he would help me... because yesterday evening (I think it was yesterday) we spent about six and a half hours in the local emergency room before driving all the way (70+ miles) to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane... so that my husband (Rich) can have yet another surgery that we were not expecting. But that too is ok... because it was not an emergency surgery this time. Four years ago (a month after his heart transplant) he had emergency surgery for an strangulated bowel (complications from his mechanical heart pump being removed).......... THIS TIME... he had another similar *almost* strangulated bowel surgery... and hopefully this time they fixed all the hernias that he had in there! His surgery was at noon today... and his recovery was quite hilarious as he was so high on morphine he made us giggle at him all afternoon. But that is ok too... because HE is ok... praise God. I came home tonight to a frantically panicked puppy who thought we had deserted him... and another note on the door from the colortyme people wanting their washer and dryer again... (this time they left exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Ok... maybe not that many... but you get the picture.

So... My husband is ok. The neighbor guy is going to help me get the washer and then my daughter and I can leave the colortyme people's washer and dryer sitting out in the middle of the dirt road by our parking space (that way they won't have to try and turn that big truck around)... my dog has finally quit peeing on me in excitement of someone finally being home... my rent will be paid tomorrow (part of it anyways)... my mother in law knows that we probably wont be able to make the car payment (because I had to call her and tell her that her son was being surgicalized again)... I have a full tank of gas in my car so that I can go pick up said husband when he is released from the hospital... I will have $200.00 (give or take) for food and gas and toilet paper for the next however long until I can get a paycheck from work again... which I am holding my ankles and whole body up in prayer (not literally because I fear heights and would probably fall pretty hard)... so that I can put on an honestly good show for my doctor on the 4th (which I hope I don't forget to go to my appointment)..... so things are fantabulous in the Bunting household... because the word of God tells me that "He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor." Proverbs 21:21

posted by ~Suzii~ at 1:48 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger cybeRanger said...

Amen! I will uphold you in my prayers..

3:40 AM  
Blogger ............... said...

praying for you...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What came to my mind as I read this was "My God shall supply all your needs in Christ Jesus". Can't recall the reference though, sorry. Hope it helps.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons