Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina... means "pure"

I have constant prayers going out for all of those who have lost their way of life (or life itself) because of the destruction of hurricane Katrina. I believe that God will rebuild the city of New Orleans...and the surrounding areas. I believe that He will bring more people closer to Him.

A friend told me the other day that the name Katrina means "pure"... or "purity"... let's go one step further and say... "purify". I believe that God will purify the hearts of believers and win the hearts of those who do not yet believe. It is a "Thank GOD" situation that people will be saying for the very life they still have after such devastation! So let's thank Him! Let's all send our prayers up for each and every person that has been touched in this "act of God".

Many of you who read my blog, know that I enjoy the ministry of Jesse Duplantis Ministries. His ministry is located in New Orleans. I went to his website yesterday and a report on his ministry is that it has been undamaged! Praise God! Even though the footprints of Katrina fell heavy upon New Orleans... God's footprints are still being left all over the world!

I have prayed lately about supporting his ministry... as a "partner in his ministry" he calls it. The biggest tugging at my heart about this has come from God. I heard... just before I woke a few nights ago... in a snipit of a dream... "Your blessings are waiting for your gift of tithe." Instantly my eyes popped open and I felt like saying... "Wait! God! Tell me more!" I was so excited. I felt a certainty that I was supposed to contribute to Jesse Duplantis and his world wide evangelism ministry. He is truly bringing the word of God to people all around the globe. He keeps himself "accountable to God" with everything that comes into his ministry. A couple weeks ago I sent a prayer request via his website about my praying about where to send money to honor the work of God.

On Monday... August 29, 2005... (the same day that hurricane Katrina hit) I received a large envelope from Jesse Duplantis Ministries. I realized that they probably send these things out to people who reach out to them through his ministry. It was quite nice. The information inside tells alot about his ministry and how they are reaching people of the world for God. Jesse Duplantis says in alot of his sermons that he has an anointing on him of overflow. He has been sick free and has had a debt free ministry for many years. He also says that when you sow your seeds into good soil... clean soil... that your seed will return to you 30, 60 and 100 fold. Now I know that is in the bible. Luke chapter 8... for instance. Ok... what am I getting at? Let me tell you... on the same day that I received his packet in the mail... I also received a "bill" from the VA for Rich's medications from when we lived in Oregon. Our finances were such that we could not afford to send them the money. They had threatened to take part of his disability checks and any future income tax returns we may have coming to us to pay the debt. Well... this "bill" we received... said that the $3,256.49 that we owed them had a remaining balance of $.00. ((Praise God~!!!~)) *We had not been able to pay them a single penny yet.*

My husband says it is coincidence. I say... it is a "Gift of God". I say it is a blessing from Him! I am not going to question it at all. I believe that because I have been faithful in prayer about giving to a ministry of God... and have decided in my heart to give to the right one... both in prayer and in what I could afford to send... that I have been honored by God with the blessings that HE WANTS TO GIVE US! ((By the way... I have not yet sent any money to Jesse Duplantis Ministry))... But I am going to on payday!

I believe that with God all things are possible. I believe that even in the midst of destruction that the word of God can reach beyond physical limitations. I believe that my obedience in both prayer and support for spreading the word of God will honor the very God I love. Keep your prayers going out for God to reach the people of the regions devastated by hurricane Katrina.

Acts 15:16-17 "After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,......."

2 Corinthians 6:1-13 "As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says, 'In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.' I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in PURITY, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything. We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. As a fair exchange - I speak as to my children - open wide your hearts also."

We pray for a purifying of hearts, minds, souls, communities, governments, water, food, and shelter for those who seek it, Lord. Touch them and let them know it is by Your Grace that they have been saved from death in the midst of destruction. Clean up what is soiled... wash away what has been damaged... both spiritual and physical for those left behind who need Your assistance. Open wide the hearts of those who can also reach out to those who are in need. Purify our actions... purify all that is impure in us... that we may come to You clean... and bless those who are faithful to you Lord. In Jesus name we pray... Amen.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 3:53 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

I think "purge" is very near the meaning of what we are seeing on the news. All those poor people are being bussed here to Houston to the Astrodome. They are going to need a lot of prayers for not just the coming days, but the coming months...We've lost so many...

6:31 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Excellent post Suzii! I agree that the $0 balance on that bill is from God. Praise Him Praise Him!

Your last part of the post you mention about a pure heart, etc. That kinda goes with what I typed out yesterday in my blog (about clean hands and a pure heart). I had another post over it because my blog was messed up, but I fixed the problem and removed that post so that the one I typed yesterday is on top again (I don't think anyone had read it cause there were no comments).

Anyway...again, this was a great post!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Good post.

Let's pray for those affected by Katrina. Her "pure" power did so much human damage.

Pray that the victims will have courage, stmina and faith.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons