Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Friday, August 12, 2005

Retrain Your Life...

Well.

I was jotting the post that I had lost into my notebook. Then I heard in my heart, "Keep it in your notebook" ... so I said in shock... "Oh... ok" ~Maybe some things are meant only for our own selves for the moment. It truly was a gift to my heart... and when it is time... I will share it with all of you. Whether it be in book form... or blog form... it will one day be shared.

I made it through a three day work week this week. My desire is to get back to work full time... but for now... my body and I are truly grateful for only having to go in for three days. They have worked it out so that I work Sunday and Monday, then two days off... then work on Thursday and then two more days off. It allows for a good rest time for my ankle which still is being a pain in my backside... *LOL. I am asking for some heavy duty prayers... I would like to be back to work full time by next month. The full time cake decorator is going on vacation for 16 days... and I would like to be up to the challenge of working full time at that time.

I have really changed the way I do things physically. I have noticed that when my ankle is feeling ok... I even change the way I walk... as to avoid anything that could cause it pain. I have been more aware of taking better care of myself... in all aspects. Sometimes I think it takes a big jolt of uncertainty to bring us back to where we should be in life. I have had alot of jolts... *LOL... you would think I would have learned more by now! I have, for most of my life, set my own self on the back burner. I have always been the type of person that would rather see others have their needs met before mine. I am thinking that now it is time to take care of me. It is really a slow learning process to learn just exactly what needs to be done.

I have also learned lately that I need to retrain my brain to be alert to the things that my mouth says. Let me explain this a little more. (In a minute)

I have a church that I have ties to. I don't attend like I would want or like I should. I have alot of friends that go there. I guess you could say it is the church I most feel "at home" in when I go. It is the only church I have ever felt that way about... and that says alot... because it is a small little church. The presence of God is very real there... and that is what makes the difference. Lately, my church has been right here on my computer. I take a day that I am at home, and I watch one of the Jesse Duplantis broadcasts. I spend alot of time reading my bible... and I read alot of other blogs that encourage and uphold the love of Jesus and the word of God. Reading the posts of others have been a great source of encouragement to me.

The other day... when I lost my post... ((It was SO good!))... I realized that I need to retrain my brain and mouth. The power of life and death are in our words. We can cross cancel everything that we think is good without even realizing it. For instance... if you say something like "I'm afraid to get cancer one day... because my mom and grandma had it." You let satan know that you fear something... and he thrives on fear. You also "allow" the possibility of getting cancer into your body by saying that it runs in your family. You are... in a way... letting satan know that you have given up the fight... because your are "probably going to get it anyway".

I think I would retrain myself to say... "I am believing and having faith that no cancer will ever enter my body." I believe that if we speak life and words of hope and faith... we will have life and health... and whatever else! It is like when people say "Your stupid" all the time... if you hear that long enough... eventually you start to believe it. It is kind of like a verbal abuse. So why not speak goodness and hopefulness and things that bring life and healing!!

I have been very careful as to how I word things. I have also tried to keep myself founded in the word of God... moreso now than ever before in my life. Time is running out people! Why not take advantage of ALL of the blessings that God wants us to have. Why should we have to suffer through the drudgery of this earth? Make each day hope filled. The battle of good an evil is very turbulent right now. Satan is struggling to get as many souls as he can. He doesn't want God to have ANY of them. It is time now... to live for God. Choose life. Choose it here on earth...and live it... so that we can have an eternal life as well with those who have gone on before us... and with the Lord himself!

How do you choose life more abundant? How do you receive an eternal inheritance with the King of Kings? Through Jesus Christ. Who is Jesus Christ? Well... he is the Son of God. He came to this earth to teach us the difference between good and evil. He was crucified on a cross... and suffered a horrid death. Do you know why he died like that? So that we can be saved.

If we believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who died so that our sins can be forgiven, and we confess our sins to him... he will forgive us. If we ask him to come into our lives and forgive us... he will. We have to turn from our old ways... and live our lives according to God's word (the bible). We have to trust and have faith that those words are true... and God will be faithful to us... and we will become his children... and have an inheritance in the kingdom of God (heaven)... and we will spend eternity with the Lord... instead of perishing (dying)... we will have a life everlasting.

So think about it... will ya? It is really easy to become a child of God. All you have to do... is ask. If I had not yet asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord and savior... these are some of the things I would like to know about...


1. GOD'S PLAN - Peace and Eternal Life

God loves you and wants you to experience His peace and eternal life. The BIBLE says..."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

2. MAN'S PROBLEM - Separation

Being at peace with God is not automatic because you by nature are separated from God. The BIBLE says... "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

3. GOD'S REMEDY - The Cross

God's love bridges the gap of separation between God and you. When Jesus Christ died on the Cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins. The BIBLE says... "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree (cross), so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24

4. MAN'S RESPONSE - Receive Christ

You cross the bridge into God's family when you receive Christ by personal invitation. The BIBLE says... "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God..." John 1:12

SEVEN STEPS TO SALVATION
Men still cry, "What must I do to be saved?" The Bible provides a clear answer.

BELIEVE: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16). "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned" (Mark 16:16).

RECEIVE: "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:11,12).

ACKNOWLEDGE: (YOUR SIN) "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). "...God, have mercy on me, a sinner." (Luke 18:13).

REPENT: (OF YOUR SIN) "...But unless you repent, you too will all perish." (Luke 13:3). "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." (Acts 3:19).

CONFESS: (YOUR SIN) "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9). "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9).

FORSAKE: (YOUR SIN) "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the evil man his thoughts. Let him return unto the Lord...for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7).

WASH AWAY: (YOUR SIN) "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name." (Acts 22:16)


Jesse Duplantis has such a way with words (God's words through him)... far beyond anything I could ever come close to... this link takes you to his site... right to the page where he asks you if you know Jesus... http://www.jdm.org/jesus.htm#prayer

I am copying and pasting from his site to mine... the following is the prayer of salvation that is on Jesse Duplantis' site...

"Lord Jesus, I know that I need You. I've done things my own way up until now, and I realize that I need your love and forgiveness in my life. I believe that You died for my sins on the cross, and I ask you to forgive me of my sins. I don't want to live the way I have been living. I want to turn away from this old life and live right before You.

"I am trusting You and I am making a decision to follow You, Jesus. So, I ask You to come into my life and make a change in my heart right now. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for dying for me and for being there, right now, for me. I accept You as my Lord and Savior! I accept that your Word is true and I will begin to follow you from this moment forward! Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for receiving me into your family, God! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

I would love to see you in heaven! Be blessed... and know that God loves you! (And so do I!!)



posted by ~Suzii~ at 2:50 PM

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus! What an awesome God we serve. What extravagant love He has for us! Thanks for the encouragement Suzii, T

5:32 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Thank you, Suzii, for some beautiful posting.

Hope you don't lose any more posts. They are too valuable.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a great post! Thanks for taking the time to share Jesus with others via this method. I read some things in there today that I needed to be reminded of. Thanks for that too! God bless!

12:46 PM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

Thanks everyone for stickin around long enough to read such a long winded person!!(and for your thoughts)

Mark... thanks for your idea on posting a little at a time, I will try it. The doctor says he thinks it's gout (inflammatory arthritis).. I say by the stripes of Jesus I am healed! (cake decorators rock!!)

To everyone: I am truly blessed to be able to share my thoughts with you. The words you share on your blogs and your comments mean so much to me.

1:24 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

you must be a much faster typist than I -
I struggle with these keys - but it gives me time to think. Found you thru Joe and Bonnie, drop by sometime soon AND comment, Thanks
ps. Has a cake decorator ever decorated a rock???? hmmmm

11:06 AM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

David... would that be an icing rock? or a rock rock?... yes to both by the way! I have painted a rock rock... and made an icing rock before!! lol... thanks for stopping by!

7:42 PM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Suzii: How did you get audio on your site? I don't know how to upload songs in a new post area.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Suzii: My prayers are with you for ankle and full time work.God Bless You.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons