Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thank You God... For My Gift... Today...

Yesterday was a horrible day. I was in bed most of the day. I had a very annoying headache that lasted the entire day. My ankle was being a pain in my... well you know. I was uncontrollably horrible to my family... which I kept having to apologize for. I spent quite alot of time crying to God. Praying my heart out. Begging for his healing... pleading for his mercy and grace... wanting his comfort.

I slept all night through... fairly comfortable. When I woke this morning... I woke to what I consider to be a gift from God to me. It is raining. My windows in my house were open all night... and my house smelled as fresh as the gift that was falling from the sky. I smiled and thanked God for such a wonderful gift to me today. I don't know what it is about the rain... but it is almost like it refreshes my soul. It cleans out all of the staleness and washes my spirit.

Yesterday I felt like I was stuck. Buried deep inside of a cocoon that just kept getting tighter and tighter and thicker and thicker. I almost felt like I would never be able to break free. I pleaded to God for something that I could see with my own eyes... some sort of hope for the future that I desire deep in my heart. It is only by the grace of God that I will get to a day when I can look back and say... "Thank you Jesus... for bringing me through all of that." I do thank him today... for getting me through yesterday.

I have said that so many times in my life so far. It is only because I have had Jesus by my side that I am even here today. I know that my life and the lives of those in my family will... in God's time... be blessed beyond our wildest dreams. I also know that if I don't keep hold of what God promises in his word... that I will slide backward into the muck of despair that I have felt like I was in so many times. I don't like being there. Satan is too close when I am there... and personally... I don't like Satan... and he knows it.

So... I do what I can do. I take each day for what it is. I hope every minute of every day... for the blessings God has in store for me. I eagerly await my healing... and until then... his grace brings me through the pain. I reach out to Jesus for the comfort of his hand when we are in distress. I am thankful for all that I have during the times that I don't have enough... and I praise him now for the day we will have MORE than enough.

"Blesses are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3-10

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Any why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34

My personal word from God today is...

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

That's should be easy... shouldn't it. Believe it... and you will receive it. It does not say... you MIGHT receive it... it says... you WILL receive it......... but... you have got to believe it first!

Today is a better day. I am going to go outside and enjoy my gift! (It's still raining!)

:)

posted by ~Suzii~ at 1:41 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Glad you are feeling better and that it is (or was) raining for you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I, too, am glad you are feeling better. I've been continually praying for your foot so that you will be able to go back to work full time by next month.

I like the rain. I don't like when it storms though. I also like the smell of rain in the air...that time before it begins to rain. It's such a fresh scent.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons