Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Monday, August 08, 2005

Uneducated Life Degrees...

You know what? I have realized that I am an "uneducated" person as far as official training and schooling goes. Don't get me wrong... I graduated high school. I have had alot of training and on the job training in alot of different things. I have a life education. I know just about everything there is to know about congestive heart failure; severely dilated cardiomyopothy; left ventricular assist devices (mechanical heart pumps); and heart transplantation...(I do not know the certain surgical procedures... or technical jargon... but I know... ya know?) I know all about how fast cancer can spread through ones entire body... (from a golf ball sized tumor in the heart on one day... to four days later that tumor completely filling the entire heart with no room left at all) I know a lot about illnesses and signs and symptoms of certain things like stroke, heart attack, etc. I know alot about many many different kinds of medications; their names; what they do; what their side effects are; as well as knowing what all those funky little symbols on those doctor's prescriptions... (I actually know how to read them!... they are not actually "chicken scratches"!) I know a whole lot about decorating cakes... and various decorating techniques and tricks... that make simple icing look like something real. I know how to sketch and paint... and my passion in life is writing...(and everytime I spill something out of my head... I always hope it makes some sort of sense.) I also know how to sew simple things... (I make all of my own shirts out of necessity) I know quite a bit about computers...(enough that you cannot call me "computer illiterate") I know how to make a room eye appealing... arranging things in a fashion that is pleasing to your eyes and so it looks good in the room that it is in... only this quality of mine is hindered by living in a mobilehome rental... grrr... but I do my best.

If you were to ask me things of other cultures... and other countries... and of things that a "geek squad" would sit around in a hippy coffee shop pondering... I would probably just sit there and listen, grin, and nod once in a while. **By the way... I am not knocking geek squads... or hippy coffee shops**

The only other language I know is Spanish... and I am not fluent. I know enough to get me to the bathroom and to a plane to the United States... (and a few other things... I can read Spanish... and pick out basically what they "might" be talking about... but again... it's a grin and nod situation!)

I have things in my heart... that I have always wanted to do and learn... but never had the chance. I have always loved to design/sketch layouts of homes... (I have my dream home rolled up in my dresser drawer on that blue graft paper stuff... it has all of my favorite rooms from every place I have ever lived all put into one house) I once looked into going to ITT Tech for computer aided drafting... but time and lack of money and transportation back and forth 150 miles per day didn't allow for it. They teach computer aided drafting in high school now! I was in the wrong years during high school! I thought about becoming a nurse... but the only kind of nurse I would want to be is for the patients who have mechanical heart pumps... because I can relate to what the patient and families would be going through both emotionally, physically, and mentally...(I don't believe that is something I would ever do... but I sure do have a heart for those people) Before I met my husband... I was on my way to making a decision of either the Air Force (like many of my family members being in the military)... or college... which I had no clue what I would have gone for. I had an experience in high school working in a darkroom and developing pictures for the yearbook... I loved that as well. I also loved it when I designed the layout for my entire senior yearbook... I loved the "layout" process... to see just blank pages come to life, after being sent to the company, in the form of an actual book!...(I think that is why I love scrapbooking so darned much!... which I hardly get a chance to do anymore... but boy do I have alot of cool stuff!)

I know what I want to do with my life. And... I know I want to do it all for the glory of God. How does one start a book... that God plays the main part in? How does one ever completely encompass the whole knowledge of what God wants it written about? I have been humbled by these very questions for several years now. I feel the time getting closer and closer for it to become something tangible from God's thoughts, through my heart and experiences, to my fingers, and onto paper...



The very first word... is the hardest to find.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 9:41 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

What? You mean not all books start with "once"?
Life education is very, very important! If you didn't learn from living, you'd be an idiot! Thank God, however, that we have all kinds of people (even the ones in the "hippy" coffee shops--which would be me...)in the world or it would sure be a boring place to be. Even though I went to college, (which DOES NOT make me a nuclear scientist, especially when I can barely remember my name, most days...), I think most of my knowledge just comes from doing what I have done every day!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You don't have to be "book smart" to have knowledge. You have plenty of knowledge. You might want to go to the hospital and volunteer some of your time in the cardiac wing. Evidentely you have the experience to be of some help. Write about things that you know best and the Lord will tell you how to apply it to his desires. It sounds like you have had a very full life.

1:30 AM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

*smiles* thank you so much for all of your encouraging words... i need encouraging right now. (maybe some prayers too)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I often feel the same way Suzii...that I am not as knowledgeable as others. I am trying to learn not to compare myself with others though...doesn't always work unfortunately. But, God made us all as individuals and like Denise said, if we were all the same, life would be boring.

God loves you for who you are, and I do too. We learn from each other and that can help in our growing knowledge as well. But, remember, Godly wisdom is much better than any amount of knowledge ;o).

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons