Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I am a Child of God...


At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:1-3

I read Shelley's post from Saturday, Sept. 3rd, 2005. She got me thinking about alot of things. I have always felt so childish when it comes to... as she puts it..."head knowledge" about God things. She has been longing for more "heart knowledge". I feel as though I am not "book learned" about the bible and Christianity. As a matter of fact... I KNOW I am not! What I know... comes from my heart. I used to be kind of ashamed by this... not knowing more. Shelley's post got me thinking hardcore! I went straight for my bible. I found the above verse... and I was no longer ashamed of not having "book smarts" about my walk with Jesus.

I tend to think of Jesus as my friend. When I talk to him in prayer, I talk to him like I would my best friend sitting next to me on a park bench. I guess I thought that everyone was like this. It is always interesting to me to hear about what other Christians are going through. I feel more connected to them when they open their hearts. I can analyze my thoughts and feelings and compare my own walk with the Lord, to how they think and feel. Sometimes I find out that I need to change some things about myself... and other times I feel like I am right on track. My hope is to always be open to share with others... to share the love that I have for Jesus... to share the love that God has for us. To share, and compare, and learn, and grow... that is how we are supposed to be with one another. I am so thankful for those who feel comfortable enough to share their thoughts and feelings about what it means to them to be a child of God.

Joe made a comment on my blog once asking if I had ever thought of being a theologian... like I told Shelley... I had to go and look up what that was! I learn so much from all of you!

If someone were to ask me... "So, What do you know for sure?" I know that my answer would be... "Jesus loves me... this I know... for the Bible tells me so."

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

**Jesus... I ask you to wrap your arms around Cookie Henderson tonight. Bring her comfort from the loss of her husband. Take her husband by the hand and show him all around heaven tonight. He is free from suffering from that nasty cancer. Introduce him to my Mama... so they can be friends. (My Mama would have loved to know Cookie had she had the opportunity.) Bring peace to Cookie's family tonight as well. In Your name... Amen.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 8:41 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Suzii, thanks so much for sharing this post. I really appreciate your honesty in it, and those verses speak to me as well. I know that I definately need to become more like a child, and go to Him in all situations that I face. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. God bless

7:39 PM  
Blogger cybeRanger said...

Indeed, HE is our Abba Father.. what a privilege...

9:50 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Most of the people I know with "book smarts" about God get very confused. It is so much better to come to Him as a child.

You are a theologian. And a good one. Better than most who do it for a living.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons