Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hope Filled Heart...

Is it normal for Christians to feel "out of place" in this world? I have always felt "out of place" for one reason or another. The only place I feel like... I know I am where I belong... is in my heart... where Jesus lives.

Maybe it sounds silly... I don't know. It is just how I feel. I don't have to question things from my heart. I feel out of place in my own body. My heart sees who the "real" me is. I am not hiding anything, mind you. It is hard to describe what I am trying to say.

Perhaps the question would be better as: Is it just me who feels out of place in this world... or is it because I am a Christian that makes me feel out of place in this world? Why am I even bringing the fact that I am a Christian into the question at all? Am I confusing you yet?

Here I am. Suzii. My heart of hearts sees me in a certain way both physically and spiritually. I know... only because it is obvious to the eyes... that I don't portray physically how I see myself. There are times when I catch a glimpse of myself in a window or mirror... and I experience emotions that range from extreme shock to sadness... to disbelief. Spiritually... I am not timid... but I am not as bold in person as I would like to be. Inside... my heart bursts and wants to tell everyone about God and his love for them. Get me around people... and I tend to listen and interject God where I feel it would be accepted in a way that would not be offensive to those who are not ready to know or hear about God. I seem to hold back... when my heart screams out silently.

Feeling like I am not what my inner heart sees me as... makes me feel out of place. Kind of like... "If I could just get to heaven... everything would fit and make sense."

I do not have plans of going to heaven before my allotted time is up... but the thoughts of such a wonderful place... sure makes one's heart... long to feel complete. To live in a place where everything makes sense. To walk in a body that you know is for surely the one you should have. To share freely... without any hesitation... how wonderful God is... and to shout it in worship like normal speech... not having to worry about offending anyone. To finally "feel" like you are truly "home".

Does anyone else feel out of place? Or is it just me? Or is it just because I am a soft, sensitive person who wears her heart on her sleeve that makes me feel that way? ((I cried at that commercial on television a few years ago... it was at Christmas time... it was raining and one soldier was at a phone booth calling home for the holiday... and the operator connected all of his buddies to their families with the same quarter... *sniffle sniffle)) I am a funny person... I love to laugh... and I love to have others laugh around me. I am quiet at times... and some people have asked me "Are you ok?"... during my quiet times... I get absorbed deep into thoughts. I can be a million miles away sometimes... and sometimes as close as right inside my own heart. I can be decorating a cake... and be thinking of what heaven might be like... or what the first thing I would say to Jesus might be. Am I wishy~washy? Maybe. Maybe not. Am I honest? Completely. Is this post making any sense? OR... is my mind rambling around on this keyboard as much as it is inside my head?

I would love to sit in a quiet, dark room. With my bible... and soft quiet piano music playing... talk to Jesus for a while... think for a while longer... and fall asleep... and rest as if I were lying on a bed of angels wings.

I love the following verses... they are so hope filled...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ. In him we were also chosen, haveing been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of his glory." Ephesians 1:3-14

I am feeling a little better than I was on Sunday. When I felt like I could not stand any longer... I stood my ground. I cried my prayers... and I made it through a really bad few days. Today... I did ok. I hold tight to the one thing that I know for sure... the one place that I don't feel "out of place"... my heart... where Jesus is.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 9:04 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hi Suzii, I'm April from "Aspiring Christian." aspiringchristhian.blogspot.com
I was just browsing and found your blog. I totally identify with you feeling out of place, I have felt like that before, when my Christian walk was at it's very peak and I was basicly submerging my self in only God. It's a wierd but traquil feeling (weird in body but tranquil in spirit.)It felt like I was set apart from unspiritual things.. like I was above them.. I feel like I sound crazy. My heart felt like it was bursting at the seams with compassion and love, so many things would make me tear up and little things at that. I always thought that the feelings were the realization of my place in the world, according to the Bible. I also recall always feeling like I was homesick- for heaven and for Jesus .. my relationship with Jesus was like the relationship you'd have with your bestfriend and I always felt him near me. Those feelings are priceless.
Thanks for the scripture, I know I've read it before but this time it seemed to jump out at me!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Suzii,

We all feel out of place. You are not alone.

If we do not feel out of place there is something wrong.

"This world is not our home, we're just a passin' through."

8:58 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

AMEN, Joe...I was going to voice those same sentiments. Suzii, you seem to be very in tune with the Holy Spirit. that's why you feel disconnected. If your blessed to have a lot of time to emmerse yourself in scripture, you should. The Lord will comfort you with His Word. I will continue to pray for you!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons