Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankfullness...

1. The results of my MRI showed non-surgical happenings... PRAISE GOD! It seems that I have an inflammed disc. Not a ruptured disc... or a completely trashed disc... just an inflammed one. (JUST... HA) They also saw signs of early stages of degenerative arthritis of my spine. ((I am believing that God will heal that and take that completely away)) Praise His Holy Name!!!

2. My husband, Rich, is in the midst of fighting off pneumonia in both lungs. He was in the hospital for 4 or 5 days. He is home now. On oxygen... and breathing treatments. I am thanking God for every day that I have been blessed to have with him. Every minute of every day is precious... and I grow to love him more each second. Thank You Jesus... Thank You Jesus!!!

3. My daughter, Hannah, is battling a sore throat. Tis the season... I guess. I am praying that she will find some relief and be healed very soon. I don't know what I would ever do without her. She has given so much of herself... If I could take her illness from her... I would. Bless my Hannah, Oh God... show her Your mercy and Your grace!!!

4. I was able to buy two tires... due to a "hissing noise" coming from a flat tire... during an evening that was 25 degrees F... the same night my husband was admitted to the hospital. We did not have a working car jack... so we waited for the neighbor guy to come home at 9:00pm to put on the tiny little donut tire that we drove around on for a day and a half. When it rains... it pours. But I must Praise God!! He timed it just right!! The next day was payday... and the day after that... all Wal*Mart employees at our store was entitled to 20% of one single purchase! Yay! We have new tires... and still managed to have food on the table!

5. Did I Prasie God Yet? I thank you Jesus... for being our comfort during all of our times of trials. Thank you for bringing us through tragedies in victory! Thank you for each breath we take... even if it means being hooked to an oxygen concentrator for a while! Thank you Lord... for all that You do for us! Thank YOU!

David's Psalm of Thanks
That day David first committed to Asaph and his associates this psalm of thanks to the LORD :

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;

tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;

let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Look to the LORD and his strength;

seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,

his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
O descendants of Israel his servant,

O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.
He is the LORD our God;

his judgments are in all the earth.
He remembers his covenant forever,

the word he commanded, for a thousand generations,
the covenant he made with Abraham,

the oath he swore to Isaac.
He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree,

to Israel as an everlasting covenant:
"To you I will give the land of Canaan

as the portion you will inherit."
When they were but few in number,

few indeed, and strangers in it,
they wandered from nation to nation,

from one kingdom to another.
He allowed no man to oppress them;

for their sake he rebuked kings:
"Do not touch my anointed ones;

do my prophets no harm."
Sing to the LORD, all the earth;

proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations,

his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;

he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols,

but the LORD made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him;

strength and joy in his dwelling place.
Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations,

ascribe to the LORD glory and strength,
ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name.

Bring an offering and come before him;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
Tremble before him, all the earth!

The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;

let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"
Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;

let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them!
Then the trees of the forest will sing,

they will sing for joy before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;

his love endures forever.
Cry out, "Save us, O God our Savior;

gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name,
that we may glory in your praise."
Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel,

from everlasting to everlasting.
Then all the people said "Amen" and "Praise the LORD."
(1 Chronicles 16:7-36)

posted by ~Suzii~ at 11:50 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Susi: I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

And you are doing things just right, keep praising His Name.

The Bible tells us to praise Him in all things.

You are difinitely 'in' the middle of all things.

God Bless you, I'll pray for you!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Suzii!

So happy to hear that your back problems aren't something much more serious!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Let Rich know we are praying for him! Give Hannah hugs and lozenges from Niecie, and drink a cup of coffee with lots of French Vanilla creamer in my name. I miss you!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons