Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Frosty's Tears of Heartfelt Christmas Memories...

Winter has officially fallen to the frozen ground around my home. The mountains that completely circle the valley below look as if they came right off the front of one of those Christmas cards we all end up getting around this time of year. Frosty has made his presence known. Everywhere around town people are shopping and stringing up twinkly lights on their houses. Everyone is anxiously awaiting for the big day. December 25th. Christmas. Presents are being wrapped and hidden. Cookies and fudge are being made. Bills are being put off until the end of the month. Wrapped in scarves and bundled in mittens and snowsuits... the children's eyes glisten with anticipation as they follow thier parents around hoping that "Santa" brings them all of the wonderful things that they have seen on TV advertisements.

I remember the anticipation and excitement from when I was a child. I like to remember special Christmas memories that I have tucked away in my heart. I remember the year my mom and dad and I went to ToysRUs and I saw a big fluffy brown and white teddy bear that I just had to have. I wanted it so badly. Looking back on it from a child's eyes... I remember leaving the store without the teddy bear... with a glimmer of hope that "Santa" would remember how bad I wanted it. Looking back on it now... I remember one of my parents going in one direction and the other taking me to another part of the store. They met up later as we got ready to leave. I remember also waking up that Christmas morning to a wonderfully beautiful Christmas tree... perfectly decorated... with gifts underneath. There sitting right in front of all of the gifts... was that big fluffy brown and white teddy bear that I so desired to have. "Santa" had crossed his arms and propped his head on one hand as if he were just waiting patiently for me to wake up and love him. I will never forget that picture in my mind. I play it back like an old home movie in my mind every time I see that teddy bear. He has since lost one eye... and has had abdominal surgery to be re-stuffed. Out of the one eye that he still has left... he winks at me with the twinkly memories he has of seeing me for the very first time that Christmas morning such a long long time ago. We have shared alot of happy times... and sad ones too... my teddy bear and I.

I know that Christmas is not about "Santa". For Christians... It is the celebration of Jesus' birth. Why then, to we give gifts? Giving a gift to someone we love... shows how much we love them. It is like a special way to honor thier very presence in our lives. Who gave the ultimate gift? It was God. He gave us his son... so we could have the opportunity to have eternal life. Now that was a gift. Would you be willing to give up your only child for someone else? I know that I would have a very difficult time doing that. My child is a part of me. I would not be complete without her. My husband and I would not be who we are today without her. I would give my life... to save hers... in less than a heartbeat if it were needed. I know my husband would do the same. What an incredible gift that God gave us!

A gift like that... you cannot buy on a shelf at Wal*Mart. You cannot stand in line at three o'clock in the morning waiting for the store to open to be the first one in. There is no credit card anywhere that could afford the price of a gift like that. You would be paying for it for the rest of your life. As a Christian... I do try to give back to others what God has so graciously given to me. I know that the gift of salvation was freely given to us... but... in turn we need to live a life that honors that gift. Almost like you were given a priceless gem as a gift. You are not going to just leave it laying on the side of the sink at night... what if it got knocked into the drain? With a precious gift like that... you put it somewhere special... for everyone to see and admire. It honors the gift giver to appreciate and take care of what they have given you.

As the years go by... It gets harder for me to "find the Christmas spirit"... meaning to find that warm and fuzzy feeling that people have this time of year. The most important things in my life... cannot be bought at the store. The most important things in my life... are the people that I love... the memories that I hold in my heart... and the love that I share with my family that is no longer on this earth. The bond of love breaks all time and space barriers. It lives even after we are gone from this earth. I feel my mother's love... almost stronger now... than when she was alive. It wells up in my heart and flows softly from my eyes.

A few years ago... when we lived in Newport Oregon... I found that warm and fuzzy
Christmas feeling when both of my twin brothers visited us for only one day. They were both together... and I also met my sister-in-law for the first time then too. That was the best gift I could have ever asked for. I have not seen them since... and now I have a new sister-in-law that I have not met yet! I cannot believe that both of my brothers are married. I am happy that they now have the opportunity to share their lives... and their love... with someone... and I hope that their hearts melt for them their entire lives. I know that my mom is with them too. Each one holds her love in their hearts just as I hold it in mine... and that links us together even though we are all worlds apart from each other.

So... like my picture of frosty... He seemed to have twinkly happy tears... kind of lost in thought... of many Christmases gone by. Looking deep into those button eyes... I feel the sense of anticipation and anxiety. I feel the memories course through my soul... I feel the love that Jesus gave to us. That perfect love that lives beyond life itself. What a gift that is!

I hope you all have many happy heartfelt memories this Christmas season. Be safe... and lets all love one another.

Merry Christmas!



posted by ~Suzii~ at 3:15 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Yeah. Frosty certainly seems to be remembering Christmasses of yesteryear.

I remember him when he first showed up.

That's been a long, long time.

10:58 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

I really miss Frosty. He doesn't come to Southern Texas. :*(

11:01 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a great post, and so true! The real meaning of Christmas is not tied up in presents or tinsel or decorations...and it seems that this is what it gets to be about more and more with each passing year. We need to remember that "Jesus is the reason for the season".

7:01 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Great post!

I'm thankful that we gave up on the present 'thing'. We do major decorations, but on Christmas day the centerpiece of dinner is the birthday cake we have for Jesus!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post girlfriend.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons