Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee... Cappuccino... Java... Latte'... Mocha Grande... Triple Shot Praline Twist Udder Delight....




You Are a Cappuccino



You're fun, outgoing, and you love to try anything new.

However, you tend to have strong opinions on what you like.

You are a total girly girly at heart - and prefer your coffee with good conversation.

You're the type that seems complex to outsiders, but in reality, you are easy to please

What Kind of Coffee Are You?
Ok... guess what... I LOVE THESE LITTLE QUIZZES! Yep... this one fits me! I found this one at Vicki's ~ "Windows to My Soul".
I have had quite alot happen since I posted last. To answer some questions that I had swirling around in my mind lately was my quest. I have had some "phathomystic openages"~((that is a phrase that rolled out of my mouth one day when I was trying to describe when your light bulb in your brain seems a little brighter than usual... and it allows you to understand and see more clearly things previously dark and mysterious to your own little place of knowledge))... ((It's a Suzii phrase))... just go with it!!
We... Rich, Hannah and I... did actually get memberships to the one of the nicer indoor pools here in town... and yes.... we have actually gone swimming! YaY! I must tell you however... and this you may not believe... but it is true! Fat people don't sink! As a matter of fact... we just bob around like a little floatie! Once my butt starts making it's way to the surface... I have to really flail around to get me back upright!!!! It is so funny! I seem to do really well on my back and using my arms... to get me going... so I bob around backwards in the pool. IF... however... I wanted to swim/bob forward... I would probably drown! My butt would force my face into the water... and I would NEVER get upright again!!! My dear loving husband told me to get some ankle weights!!! Oh praise God and share the laughter with me here!
It is quite a wonderful feeling to be a 450 pound woman and be absolutely weightless!!!!!! I encourage anyone... skinny... in-betweenie... or fat... GO SWIMMING! Even if you are in pain... if your bones and muscles and joints feel like blow torches being burned deep into them constantly... GO! Even if for a brief moment while you are in the water... the precious feeling of not hurting and having absolutely NO weight being put on those sore and painful places... is worth it!
Now... I bet you are thinking... OH my! Where would someone that huge get a bathing suit? Lemme tell ya... I swim fully clothed. When I called about the membership fees... I told the lady on the other end that I am a very large person. I asked her if there were any restrictions on what one could wear in the pool. I told her that it would be more traumatic for the other people there to see me half nekkid than to have me wear long cotton pants and an shirt to cover me. I laughed and she felt a little more comfortable with my question. She asked her manager. She came back to the phone and said that as long as I didn't wear "fuzzy clothes such as sweat pants... or freyed jeans... that it would be fine". Jeans? I haven't worn a pair of jeans in twenty years. But what I am getting at is this... DON'T MISS OUT ON THINGS YOU LOVE DOING... JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR SIZE! ((Or whatever else may be holding you back)) They were happy to be able to accommodate me.
**And... if any skinny person in the pool has a problem with it... they can just leave... and we can have the pool to ourselves!!**
I have gained so much confidence since "Just doing it!" I was so terrified the first day... I thought I would die of humiliation. People stared... and I just stared back. If they don't like what they see... they can close their eyes! At least I am not just giving up on life.
I have also had my echocardiogram since I last posted. Yesterday... as a matter of fact. I have not had the results from any doctor looking at it yet.... and the guy that did the echo... isn't really supposed to say what he "saw" or "thought the results might be"... but ***UNOFFICIALLY***... he whispered to me that he thought that everything looked pretty good... ***unofficially***. Also... unofficially... my ejection fraction is 70%. An ejection fraction is the "squeezability" of your heart muscle. Before my husband, Rich, had his heart transplant... his got down to 7% to 10%. A "normal" persons ejection fraction is 75-80%. I will take an "unofficial" 70%. It really takes alot of worry off my mind. It gives me a peace like I could never begin to explain to you. Kind of like a new page added to my book... blank... pure... white... crisp... and ready to be written on!
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see. Acts 3:16 NIV
Things are good, deep in the heart of Suzii. I have a renewed hope for the future... and a little extra bit of joy in my soul today.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 1:29 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

I am also a Cappuccino. But, we've always done it the same! (I'm not surprised!) I tried to put it in my blog but it kept giving me this error thingy, so I won't.
Anyhow, GOOD FOR YOU! I am glad to hear that you are really enjoying the pool thing. It's a lot of fun and they say its one of the easiest and best exercises there is! Enjoy yourself, and feel refreshed while you do it! Love you lots! Niecie

7:32 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

"phathomystic openages"

I just LOVE that phrase. May I please steal it for general use...I'll give you credit.

You may become famous for coining a new phrase in the English language.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Glad you enjoyed the swimming, and that your tests are "unofficially" great!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Swimming is great exercise and very easy on the joints...good for you!

I'm still praying for you and your health!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons