Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Have You Had Your Ticker Tinkered With Lately?...


Well... things are moving pretty fast. As fast as a heart beat! Since my day of having really bad heart palpitations... I have been in a frenzied whir of "let's get'r fixed" mode. I am not ready to die. I guess when God wants me to stand up and take notice... REAL notice... he tinkers with my ticker to make me stop in my tracks. He is probably thinking... "Ok, Suzii... If you are not going to fix this weight problem on your own... I am going to MAKE you realize that YOU HAVE to do this! No more dinkin' around!"

So with the fear of dying like my 40-some odd year old friend... taken suddenly by a heart attack... My own self goes into the mode. It first starts with all the thoughts. Tears flow out of fear of losing out on the life that I feel like I have not yet had the chance to do all of the things that I want to. Then... denial strikes...and I eat everything I can get my hands on... yet nothing seems to taste as good as it used to... which only makes me miserable. More thoughts flow through my mind.

I converse with myself inwardly. "So... Suzii... what are we going to do about this? I really need to excersice. But I hurt so bad all the time. I miss swimming... maybe I can go swimming. But if I did I would have to swim fully clothed because ain't no one seein' me half nekkid! I would be so humiliated. I cannot stand to be humiliated or teased. I am 36 years old... grow up... don't worry about being teased... you really need to do something and swimming is easier on your bones and joints... and your whole family would enjoy it. Why not spend the time enjoying your life and having fun with your family than sitting around moping about not being able to do anything fun."

~*still conversing with self*~

"Ok... I will try to think about going swimming. I need to find out about my labwork. Why is that other stupid doctor not getting back with me on my labwork. Thank God I am not dead! Have Rich call our doctor and find out about my labwork. Maybe my palpatations are just because I am dehydrated... heart problems scare me. Don't speak your fears out loud... the devil might hear them! So... I need to find out what is going on. I want my heart completely checked out. I want to either know that something is going on and take care of it... or know that nothing is going on so that I do not worry about it anymore. My doctor's nurse calls me with the results of my labwork. It is basically normal... thyroid is normal... electrolytes are normal... blood count is normal... the test that tells about swelling in my joints is slightly elevated which is better than it has been in the past... YaY! Ok... so now I have an appointment for an echocardiogram... that is a colored ultrasound of my heart. This is a good start... and I am glad my doctor knows how important it is for my own self to know and rule out stuff. I don't wanna die like my mamma did... I am not ready to die. I also have a "King of Hearts" monitor being sent to me to record any "events" that might be going on in my heart. This is good... PROOF... of something... or PROOF... of nothing at all. Reassurance... I need reassurance. March 1st I have an appointment with a cardiologist to look over all of the results and let me know what is what. I need to know. I need to take care of this. I do not want to be caught off guard and find myself in heaven on an early arrival ticket. Not that I don't want to go to heaven... because I do... just not yet."

It is not good to worry about your health. It is good to take any and all steps to learn all you can about your body... and what might be going on inside it. Sometimes just having faith about things... cannot ease your mind. I know that might seem faithless... but it's really not. God gives us a mind to make decisions... he gives us opportunities to take control over things that we might have put on the back burner and not cared for. Sometimes we get "nudged" into doing something about a problem instead of just denying that there even is a problem... or even... he opens our eyes when we have chosen to close them in hopes that the problem will just magically disappear. I believe that faith is intermingled with all of our decisions when they are for our good and well being. Just knowing that I am taking an active role in doing something on my own accord before it is too late... gives me a feeling like no other that I can describe.

Today... I will go swimming. For the first time in close to twenty years. I have let myself miss out on one of my favorite activities for TWENTY YEARS. That is way too long. I am not going to spend my next twenty years wishing I had done something different. Our joy in life is found by doing... and doing what is good and right... for ourselves... and for others.

Take charge of your life... start fresh... learn to live... don't be afraid... don't miss out...

I am taking small teeny steps to gaining the life that is promised to me... I am trying daily to renew my own strength in myself to conquer my fears... and I am growing in the knowledge that when my strength fails... God shares His.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 1:35 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Sometimes when I am feeling in a slump (not that you are in a slump, but I can tell you are worried), I focus on changing my thought system. "I'm not a bad person" (that's when I feel like I am) and "I am worthwhile." and I repeat these things over and over to myself. (I have a lot of "affirmations" I go through on a regular basis...lol). It ALWAYS calms me when I can focus away from the "hurt" or the "issue", and find something else that is great (and positive) to focus on. "This too shall pass" is a great one!
I am praying that all goes well with your tests. I am hoping its just a fluke, and that there is nothing wrong. I would hate to lose my lifetime friend so young. I'm the older one (okay, nine months older, but, what the heck...)I get to go first...lol!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Good for you! I'm still praying for you...and the picture of TinkerToys really takes me back to when I had that exact set!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You are doing something about it...small or not, that is something big when you think about it. You are taking necessary steps to improve your health, etc. You go girl! And remember to keep the Lord in it every step of the way.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

We continue to pray for you and pray taht the Doctors will get to the bottom of the issues.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons