Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm Not A Klingon! I'm A "Trekkie" for Jesus!

Well... I still cannot figure out how to just start typing and have my letters show up as I go... I am still having troubles... in order to see my type I must hit preview first... then go back to compose mode. Just a frustrating waste of time... and my patience. Why can't these computer things just work properly all the time? Aren't they suppose to be smarter than us anyway? We are also having trouble with the same thing with our typing an email. I think it is the keyboard... my wonderful... smarter than me... husband...(ahem, cough, sputter...*clearing throat*)... doesn't think so... but yet... he doesn't know what the deal is either.

For those of you who are interested in knowing how great the power of God is... listen to this! I believe that the power of God can reach all ends of the earth in the blink of an eye. I believe that it can break all barriers of space and time faster than a heart beat. I believe that it has 'supernatural' qualities that cannot be explained by the human language. Now... let me tell you about something that is happening right now in my household.

(Pardon me while I pause to shake my hands back and forth briskly... I have just got off from working four days in a row making cakes and my hands go numb and I cannot feel the keys)

Ok... recently... we have run out of money to pay all of our bills on time... *again. Anyways... something interesting has happened. We get to watch our "box" with DirecTV Satellite Service. Our bill lapsed and they "turn off our service" and put a message on our screen to call DirecTV. They have done this before... and when we make a payment... we call them and they turn it right back on. Well... it has been off now for a few days... and we aren't going to be paying it until Thursday (which is my payday). Now this is no extraordinary news... really dull and boring... right?

Now comes the good part!

My husband was flipping through the blank channels that all say "Channel not purchased". They always play their "pay-per-view preview channel" whether or not we pay our bill or not. So we have that channel. Basically just showing us samples of what is on their pay-per-view. No biggie. Still pretty dull and boring... right? Ok... well... my "bored out of his mind" hubby... still persistent on finding something on his "box"... keeps on flipping. Kind of like if he flips through enough times... something will just magically appear. Interestingly enough... something did appear. He found C-SPAN... and the NASA channels were still on. C-SPAN is to me a boring newsy type channel... and NASA is NASA. Still flipping through the channels... hoping to find something else... he came across two other channels. Now... bein's that we ain't supposed to have ANY channels when we don't pay our bill... this is pretty impressive... right?

Ok... this is where the power of God breaks all barriers! We can get TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network)... and WORD (another Christian channel)!!! Didn't I tell you that would be pretty amazing! The power of God is transmitted through two channels that are supposed to be turned off! Who is it that has control over the satellites? Is it really humans? Or... does the heavenliest of all heavenly bodies control what is in our universe? I say "MORE POWER TO YA GOD!"

When Captain Kirk said... "We need more power Scotty!"





Scotty said... "I'm givin' ya all I got cap'n"



Well... God has more power than the USS Enterprise ever imagined having! Just think how many Klingons from the darkest corners of the universe that God is reaching out to! I don't want to be a Klingon... they are kind of ugly...


but even Klingon's need to be saved by the "Federation" of God!


What is my thought for the day? I intend to "boldly go where other men HAVE gone before... to seek out new life... to supernaturally feel the power of God in my life... and to share it with others I encounter."

May the force be with you! ((update: by the way... thanks a gozillian to my bestest lifelong buddy... Denise... for her comment on this post regarding the part of my brain that malfunctioned momentarily.... she ever-so-gently reminded me what it was that Spock actually said with his little pointy eared hand gesture...))

"Live long... and prosper"

Nanu-Nanu!

May you be transported by the power of God to new places...

...and may you be energized in your heart, mind and soul!

Thank goodness God doesn't sound like..."kkkssssssh... Luke...kkksssssh... I am your faathaa"

posted by ~Suzii~ at 2:35 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Cool Post! Yes! I know for a fact that we have no power except through God, and that He is in control of everything. He is also in control of your finances, and there is a verse, (proverbs, I think) that says, essentially, that God's people will not beg for bread. I always liked that one.
BTW, I prefer the OLD Star Trek, as well, and there are also many great memories tied up in "Mork and Mindy"! Nanu-nanu to you...live long and prosper. (Spock hand-thingy inserted here).

7:32 AM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

YEAH... That was it... "live long and prosper"! I racked my brain thinking of what it was Spock said... LOL! WE REALLY DO NEED EACH OTHERS BRAINS TO BE WHOLE! LOL!

Thanks "Nees"

8:35 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

God works in mysterious ways ;o)

8:36 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

LOLOL! Luv ya, Suze!!!
\\//_ (Spock thing)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons