Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Friday, May 26, 2006

If you were a little girl in the 70's...

Sitback with a cup of coffee, and just scroll through and enjoy........a walk down memory lane!

You had that Fisher Price Doctor 's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. (Yep... I actually had one!)



You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it. (My first one was green and yellow... my second one was blue with a long white seat!)

You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels. (Yep... had some... only mine had big huge green wheels!)


You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!) (I admit NOTHING!)

You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island .(Occasionally... It did freak me out a bit!)

You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days. YEAH! ~ You owned a "Slip-n-Slide",on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once. (My moon boots were red and white with blue bottoms!)


You owned "Klick-Klacks" and smacked yourself in the face more than once. (I still have the bruises!)

You had either a "bowl cut" or "pixie," not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". People sometimes thought you were a boy. (My hair was long... but just ask Denise over at "Just Thinkin'" about her haircuts!)

Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession. (Mine was Betsy Clark... but YEAH!)

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers. (I still have my little blue poncho that my mom bought me at Disneyland!)


You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.(Yep...Yep!)

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits. (My My My... these guys were my favorite dolls ever! Denise had a matching pair!)

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once. (My Aunt *Denise's mom* and my mom stood out in my backyard trying to teach us how to swing... I will never forget these words... "You have to pump your legs back and forth!")

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. (Oh yeah!)

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals. (is this an east coast thing??) (***Hey... someone found my shoes!)

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson! (I cannot even begin to explain... )

You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink.(ummmm... that thought did cross my mind once or twice)

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket. When you walked, the "wings" flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna "take off"(I was famous for having feathered hair... BIG feathered hair!)

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside! (Memories.... ahhh... My lunch box was Betsy Clark... metal... yellow... thermos... yep)

You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend. (Actually... I liked Johnny Gage from Emergency 51... and I got caught kissing the TV screen when I was about 6 when Donny Osmond was on... hehehehehe)

YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!(R2D2 & C3PO)

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!(Yep... sounds about right... The Sound Of Music had the same effects!)

You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry. Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy..?" (I never could get a straight answer!)

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album. (Yep! Oooh Oooh Oooh Oooh Stayin alive... stayin alive!"

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.(I was queen of the plastic loom potholders!)

You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.(Ok... who was spying on me?!)

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.


You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books (Are you there God, It's me, Margaret.)

You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.(I am kind of discouraged... I still thought it was... You mean it's NOT?)

You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.(I also had a habit of trading socks with Denise... so we would each have a mismatched pair on... and rolled pantlegs up to show them off!)

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.(Every girls dream...)

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first "real" perfume you ever owned .(Actually... Mine was a little white kitty bottle from Avon full of "sweet honesty")

you glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip gloss till it almost dripped off.(MMMMMMMMM)

AHHH.... CHILDHOOD! BRINGS BACK SO MANY MEMORIES... RIGHT DENISE?

posted by ~Suzii~ at 7:21 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Oh, and you KNEW I couldn't resist...lol.
Most everything I had was a duplicate of what you had, because I think our mothers thought we were twins, or something...
However, I didn't the east coast salt water shoes.
I died over the Donnie and Marie barbie thing. My Donnie had purple socks, did yours?
Laura Ingalls Wilder--we got into trouble with my dad when we were reading it together like a play and he thought we were really fighting.
I wanted to marry Andy Gibb. And I still think that "physical" means aerobics. :)
I could go into a novel, so I'm going to keep it short. I hated the 70s, but I sure would go back now.

12:20 AM  
Blogger ............... said...

By the way, Thank you for that wonderful trip down memory lane. The photos were great!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

That was cute. I was 20 in 1970, but I still remember all of those. The girl in the picture of the short haircut is Twiggy...LOL

1:34 PM  
Blogger smact said...

ok, even i remember some stuff from the 70's and i was born in 1979. i remember watching the dukes of hazard. my fav. were the pair of policemen (they were funny!) with their adorable dog. i also remember strawberry shortcake, but not her friends. any memories of the 80's???

8:12 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Oh, lots, mystuff, lots!

2:36 AM  
Blogger ............... said...

Happy Memorial Day!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Man...this brought back a LOT of memories!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzii,
I'm glad you got my email and enjoyed it. I haven't heard from you in a long time and I worry about you and Rich and Hannah and wonder how y'all are doing.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons