Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Supernatural Peace

Sometimes when we think we are at our spiritual lowest... is when we are closest to God. I have found that having Jesus in my heart is more than just "having religion". There is a true and unique friendship there. People might say that "is a bunch of nonsense... you can't have a friendship with someone who is dead". Ok... think what you want! I have never known any one human being that is more alive than Jesus Christ is today!

When one becomes a Christian... and is 'born again'... it is so much more of a priviledge and honor than it is a "religion". I have been 'saved' since I was 5 years old. I was taught about God and His son, Jesus by my mother and when I was in kindergarten I was in a Christian school. During chapel on a friday afternoon... I asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my savior.

It was then, that Jesus joined my life... in a unique way. He became my very own special friend. How did I become a friend of someone who was "not really there"? By a simple five letter word... FAITH. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 NIV

Faith comes from your heart... not from your head. I know in my heart that Jesus is alive and I believe what the bible says about calling on his name and asking God for whatever I need in the name of Jesus and it will be given to me. (in my bible, the words that Jesus himself spoke are written out in red)..."I tell you the truth, anyone who has FAITH in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." John 14:12-14.

I have seen my requests manifest themselves in a real way... and when that happens... I am in awe... thinking... "It IS true!" My faith has been confirmed throughout my life in more ways that I can even begin to talk about. My "life-walk" with Jesus has been just that... a journey that has taken my whole life! I have talked to him in prayer about anything and everything. I have shared my joys and my sorrows. I have confided in him about my fears and worries. I have been comforted, cared for, provided for, led in the right direction, helped, you name it... Jesus has been there for me... and he is still there for me today.

I have recently had true realization of one of the greatest gifts that God has for those who believe. This gift... is feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. I have known about the Holy Spirit all my life as well. For me, it has been kind of a 'given'... that the Holy Spirit exists. I am sure you have heard the saying... "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." The Holy Spirit, has been a little more difficult for me to understand... but I have had faith. I walk each day figuring out my salvation as I go. Each day is new for me... learning more and more what God has for me... and what He wants for my life. Let me share one more part of my bible with you... before I explain to you what I am trying to get at.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
John 14:15-21 & 23-27..."If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever -- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."..."If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid."

For a while now I have had some stressful times where I work... several different types of worries have torn apart my heart. Worries about ANYTHING do not to anyone any good at all. Worries cause sickness and physical pain and moderate to severe anxiety... along with many other physical problems. I would be just fine on the way to work... then once I got there... It would begin. I would have little inner panic attacks of worry. Then, one morning, walking down the back hallway from the time clock to the place where I work... I heard in my heart... "Just ask for my peace." I knew the voice from my heart to be the one I have heard intermittently in my life to be that of Jesus. (Call me crazy... I don't care! If you have a personal relationship with Jesus... you too... will know of what I am speaking on a very personal level!!) When I hear that voice... I listen! I prayed... walking down that hallway for "God to please send The Holy Spirit to bring 'supernatural' peace and comfort that can break through the turmoil that is causing so many problems here at work." I felt that only the supernatural power of God can make things better. I was beginning to feel suffocated by evil at work... like it was all around me... the air was thick of it. I do not know of a better way to describe it than that.

The three days left during that week... I had prayed that prayer walking down the back hallway. Those were the best three days of work I had had in months. I felt... literally felt... the comfort and peace that I had asked for. On the third day that I had prayed that and had a wonderful day... I came home and in the mail... was my own little personal confirmation from God... that I had received a spiritual gift from God in my life... and I needed to share it with whoever will listen.

I want to share with you a portion of an article from the Voice of the Covenant magazine that I receive in the mail from Jesse Duplantis Ministries every month. This is from the July 2006 edition... the article is titled... "Jesus, Our Peace...by Dr. Jesse Duplantis... 'Anxiety stinks. Nobody likes it! It's flat draining to live with anxiety and worry. I like peace and happiness a whole lot more. So, what do I do when the devil tries to bust me in the head with circumstances? What do I do when he tries to fill me with anxiety and rob me of joy? I remind myself of the secret thing Jesus left to me. I remind myself of my legacy. "What are you talking about, Brother Jesse?" I'm talking about that amazing spiritual gift that Jesus left to the Body of Christ after He went to the cross, resurrected, and went home to be with His Father. I'm talking about the legacy of supernatural peace that Jesus left for me. You see, Jesus knew what I'd have to deal with in life. He knew what would come my way. So, He made a plan to leave me a legacy that I could be proud of - a legacy that I could rejoice over and lean on in times of trouble... and He's left that very same legacy to you.".........((the rest of this article is sooooooo good! You should read it! It's free from Jesse Duplantis Ministries!!))

Wow! To get that in the mail... three days after Jesus told me to ask for HIS peace! My God is so wonderful... I needed to share that with you! Is that confirmation or what? I don't let the devil beat me down at work anymore!

I have a protector, a comforter, a friend... His name is Jesus Christ!.... You wanna know what is truly awesome?????? You can have the peace of Jesus Christ in your life too... all you have to do is ask!

posted by ~Suzii~ at 4:42 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger John Gilheaney said...

While my faith isn't as strong as yours my soul is rooted in Christianity.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your entry, Supernatural Peace. I could relate to a lot of it, it made me feel good!

7:55 PM  
Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

:)

God is so good!

:)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Amen sister....and all you need to do is keep that peace in your heart, and know that He is there for you every minute of every day!

I love Jessie Duplantis Ministries also...How awesome!

9:32 PM  
Blogger What's my Mission said...

AMEN!!! thanks for that.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons