Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Wanting More Of God...


I want my words to speak life to myself and others. My mind thinks of all of the ways I would say things to come out positive... and my tongue fouls me up all the time. You know the saying... "You are what you eat"? Well... it is more a true statement that you are what you speak.


It is difficult sometimes to hear myself. My mouth just blurts out things... just stuff. I don't know what it is about my brain that I don't think and analyze what I say before I say it. I believe that what we say... the power of words... it is HUGE! If we feel like we have a stuffy nose... and we say... "Oh... I must be getting a cold... I feel so miserable..."....... you will feel miserable. Sometimes you do feel miserable.


But what is all the "speaking life" stuff all about?


I am a simple person. Not simple as in stupid... or unable to learn. Just simple. When I ask God stuff in prayer... I don't fluff coat things. I just talk. I am sure that God likes to just hear people talk to him. I know that the bible says stuff about asking, receiving blessings... etc. There are alot of words around it all... telling a story... a true story of real things that the Lord has for us to receive.


I believe in every word the bible has in it... although I have not read every single word there written.


What brings me to the next level?


I had a word spoken to my heart. Many years ago there were things said to me in prayer... by several different people... all saying about the same things about me and what the Lord has in store for me. I recently had a word spoken... that I have been mulling around in my heart and mind.


This is what it was... give me a listen here a second...


"The deeper things of God come for people that really search for them. The deeper things. You've gone deep but you haven't gone as deep as I want you to go. Sometimes it doesn't work out the way it's supposed to... yeah... but it isn't over yet. I want you to know that. I've heard every prayer you've ever prayed. I've kept every word you've ever spoke to me at my throne. You mark my word... Now I'll speak my word to you... It will come to pass... don't worry about time... time has nothing to do with you."


Ok... so....


How do I seek out those "deeper" things? How do I ask God to help me out here? See... I usually just tell him that he has to show me and tell me things in plain english... right in front of my face... I cannot see through all the "fluff"... so-to-speak. I have been able to speak to the Lord all my life... I feel this is different. It really shouldn't be though. I just don't want to say something dumb and mess up by saying something 'stupid'.


Good grief... that itself... sounds stupid.


I want so badly to have a deeper relationship with the Lord. I want to feel his presence all the time... as I have felt in certain times in the past. I don't want to forget what feeling his presence feels like.


When God is in the house... PEOPLE KNOW IT! I want that high speed connection with the Lord! My friend would tell me... "pray about it."... or "just read God's word".... all good... VERY good advice... but I don't want to say something stupid.


I guess since God made me... he knows that I need simplicity... to be able to discern things easily... he knows I put things right into my heart. He is in my heart. I wish he would just come and sit with me and have a cup of coffee and talk about stuff with me. I miss talking about stuff. Just typing "I miss talking about stuff"... brings a tear to my eye.


Speaking of stuff... I have alot swirling around in my mind. I've done a little more writing. My heart has several books written... my pen seems to be out of ink though. Do I have to know those... "deeper things"... before I can find my ink?


Any thoughts ???


posted by ~Suzii~ at 7:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons