Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Where Is What You're Looking For?

It's kind of funny how when I am searching for something... it is usually right where I have looked a gozillian times. I have actually seen it... looked right at it... and passed right over it because my brain did not connect that it was actually there. Perhaps you have done it too. Looking for the car keys... or maybe a pair of sunglasses... in a hurry to get out the door for work... and there the keys lay... right in front of your face on the table... and the sunglasses are on your head. Yet we cannot see the things we search for because our mind is worried about being late. Our brains are in frantic mode trying to hurry to get to the destination.

That's how I have been lately with my relationship with Jesus. I feel like I have been frantically searching for him everywhere. Almost like looking around everywhere with my eyes closed. Something inside me was saying... "I have got to find him... I have got to hurry... before I am too late... "

I had to literally stop.
To find him.

I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 5 years old. I have known of him all my life. I was taught about God... "the heavenly father"... Jesus... who is God's son... and the Holy Spirit... and all of the wonderful things in the bible since I was very little. I feel like there has never been a time in my life that I have not known. Yet... here I was... stumbling around... looking for something that is right here inside me. In my soul. In my heart. My mind was busy scurrying around... not slowing down enough to realize that the voice inside my heart was saying..."Slow down... Suzii... It's me... Jesus... I am right here."

Today... I slowed down. Today I heard. Today... I am listening. Today... I will not stop listening.

I was thinking about all of the things I have learned about Jesus during the years in my life. I knew what kind of friend he could be when I was alone and friendless in school. I knew what kind of comforter he was when my family was falling apart during my parents divorce. I knew what kind of protector he was for my brothers and I when we spent some time in foster care for a short time. I knew what kind of giver he was when we always had something to eat... we never went without a meal... and a little bit of money always seemed to stretch so far. I knew what kind of healer he was when he was healing up the open wound in my Mama's left side where they took her cancer filled kidney from... even though her body was dying on the inside from the cancer... he showed me the miracle of healing. Her wound healed completely before she died. Don't ask me... "Well... if he is such a great healer... why didn't your Mama get healed of cancer?" Don't ask me that. I have asked that question more than enough times myself. Know what my answer is? It has taken me alot of years to find the answer to that one. I was shown an awesome miracle in her death. Not just in the healing of her skin... while she was yet dying. I felt what it was like to fight for someone else so hard to keep them alive. I was fighting in my soul to keep her alive. I knew Jesus was there the day she died. Call me crazy if you want to... but he was there. As the doctors brought the crash cart in... I saw the nurse climb up on the bed with my mom to give her C.P.R.... and I felt... through all of the chaotic pain of tears and breakage of my heart... I felt Jesus. My Mama was ready to go be with Jesus. I felt her want to go. I felt the urgency in which she wanted to go. I felt Jesus waiting there to take her with him to heaven. It was odd to have all of this going on in my soul while everything was going on in her ICU bed. Sitting in that room that they reserve for family... my husband, daughter, and cousin were there...(the only ones I remember being there)... I finally said out loud... "Jesus... take my Mama in your arms and take her home with you!" I immediately felt her soul leave and felt such an awesome peace. A kind of peace that is indescribable. Just as she left... the nurse stopped C.P.R. It all happened at the same time. Then the doctor came in and told me she was gone. But I already knew. I also knew Jesus was my support when my husband needed a new heart. He became my energy to keep going. There are times I cannot tell you how I got from point A to point B... I just know that I had made it. Jesus was there also when Rich and I decided to save our marriage... that we were worth saving. Jesus was there when we made the decision to pack up and leave the west coast to live here closer to Rich's mom. I know he was there... He is right here... in my heart. He has been there when I needed a job... and he knew we needed a place to live.

He still provides... He still protects... He still comforts... He still guides... He is still my friend.

He is still there... even when my mind cannot see him. I have been too busy to stop and realize. I have been hurrying too fast to try and get to the "destination". I will never make it to the place God intends for me to be spiritually, physically, and financially without Jesus. I know that there are many blessings in store for my family and I.

The bible says.. in Ephesians 4:14-19 "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Those are the blessings I seek. To be "filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

~*~

When I hear the voice of the Lord... It is like a clap of thunder that whispers. When I seek the face of the Lord... It is like seeing an old friend again for the first time. When I search my soul... I find Jesus... in my heart... my friend... my protector... my provider... my comforter... my savior.

~*~

When things go wrong in my life... it is my own fault. I try to do things on my own. If I were just to follow God's will for my life... instead of being stubborn... I might get a lot farther along with the things I know I should be doing. God leaves me little hints along the way. Usually I am too busy to "get it". There are somethings in life that we need help with. Obedience to buckle down and do what I am supposed to do... instead of what I WANT to do... is the big thing I need help with. The task before me is going to be quite an undertaking. I have to "kill my giant"... BEFORE... I can have victory. I was trying to have the victory party first. I have been trying to ignore the giant... but he doesn't seem to go away.

~*~

If I let Jesus in on it... instead of searching around blindly... perhaps I will find what I have been searching for all these years. After all... he has been there with me through it all... and he is still here with me now. In Deuteronomy 31:8 it says... "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

I know that those words were not spoken directly to me in the bible... but I believe that the bible is full of life for us today. I believe that the words spoken so many years ago are still alive and hold strength for us to live our daily lives by. I believe that the bible... God's Word... holds many promises and blessings for us if we just seek them out.

There sat my bible... right by my bed. Right in front of my eyes. I had to just stop and look. I have looked around in alot of other places lately to find what was sitting right there on the table.

posted by ~Suzii~ at 5:44 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom... you are such a wonderful woman in all the ways that God intended you to be... your words are very inspiring and heart felt.... I love you so much and Grandma tooo! I hope some day all of our dreams come true.... I love you...
Love always and forever
Your baby girl,
Hannah

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons