Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Friday, January 11, 2008

My Leather Pouch...

I know that the hardest thing I have had to battle all my life... is my weight problem. I am overweight and I need to lose it before I die too soon because of it. I have searched for many things on my lifelong quest for the perfect easy diet. Truth is... there is no such thing as an easy diet. If there were... I would not be writing this.



I have read books about diets. I have eaten different ways. I have tried and tried and tried... and yet... here I am... still overweight. DANGEROUSLY overweight. So... I have a problem. Well... for me it is a problem. I haven't been able to get past a certain amount of weight loss. It seems that 40-50 pounds is it... then I either lose my self esteem... or something in my brain tells myself... those famous last words that I hear pounding in my head all the time... "This is impossible... I can't do it!"



I am not a person that needs to lose 70 pounds and that's it. I need to lose 266 pounds. 266 POUNDS! My God! What have I done to myself?



I ask myself that every time I look in the mirror.



I wanted to write something one day about 2 years ago here on my blog. I wanted to write something inspiring. Something that would maybe help someone else. I sat there staring at a blank post page for the longest time. I ended up not writing that day... however... I did end up doing some listening. I sat there and said... "God...Why can't I write about anything?"



God said to my heart... "That's not a fat lady up there!"



I was stopped... in my tracks... my brain frozen on those words.



What God has for my life... the things that I need to write about... the inspiring words that may touch someone else's heart about weight loss... cannot be written about if I am fat. Plain and simple. "That's not a fat lady up there!"



Those words ring through my soul every single day.



Recently... (like all my life)... I have not wanted to be that fat lady. I don't want my fat to be the thing people remember about me. I don't want "that fat lady" to be the words to describe me by those who don't know me.



I want to be the "lady of grace" that God intended for me to be. The lady who overcame the hardest battle of her life... and LIVED to tell about it! I want to be that skinny lady who lost all of that weight that she battled most of her life! I want to be the lady who conquered her giant and was victorious!



I have just given into the fact that I cannot do it alone. I don't mean that I need a physical trainer... (which wouldn't hurt of course)... but... mentally... and spiritually... I need help. I have searched and searched my heart for the best of all best trainers... the best of all best inspiring people that I know. You want to know who I found?



Jesus... again... right there inside my heart... waiting and wanting to help me.



My friend, Thelma, went to Israel a while back with a church group. She got to tour and see alot of sites and places that Jesus had been. I begged her to bring me dirt from as many places that she could. She brought me home little zippie bags of dirt from 9 different sites she went to. The places that she had seen must have been just absolutely amazing.



When she brought the baggies to me... the one that touched my heart the most... was the baggie that had dirt from the walk up Calvary. Where Jesus carried his own cross to the place where he was to be crucified. The place where he would die for all mankind... so that our souls would have the opportunity to be saved.



I opened the baggie a few days ago... and touched the dirt. The essence of where Jesus had been... and what he had to go through... struggling his way to our salvation... I touched it.



I decided to make a little leather pouch. I decided to put a little of the dirt from the walk up Calvary inside a little tiny zippie bag inside the leather pouch. I have decided to carry that little leather pouch in my pocket every day.



If Jesus could carry his cross that he was to die on... after all of the beatings he had endured... surely I could carry a little pouch of faith in my pocket every day.



I cannot lose my weight on my own. But... with Jesus... I can do it! And... if he can rise from the grave after three days in a tomb... then with his help... the skinny... HEALTHY (aka "healed")... person inside of me can rise up out of this fat body and be a new person on the outside as well as on the inside!



Mark 10:27~ Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."



Mark 10:46-52~ Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus, was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, "Jesus, son of David, have mercy on me!" Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see." "Go," said Jesus, "Your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

Isaiah 53:5~ But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

These three verses I have written down on a piece of paper... they are going inside the pouch as well. I have to remember... everyday... what the Lord thinks of me... and what he KNOWS I can do!



posted by ~Suzii~ at 6:27 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

God bless you dear, and thank you for sharing your heart. I too have been fighting a weight problem for many years. Actually since my first pregnancy in 1956/57. Until then I was actually on the slender side. I have had seven pregnancy's and with each one it was harder to take the weight off so I just kept gaining. The only time I was able to lose was when I was doing a combination of Top's Club and Joanne Powers figure salon (exercise) way back in the 1960's. I felt so much better too. Unfortuanately I gained it all back over the years. It seems that whenever there was an emotional hurdle I tried to fix it by eating. I believe many of us do that.
Now here I am nearly 69 years old, and still overweight. The sad thing for me is the realization that for all these years, I had planned to get the extra pounds off and KEEP THEM OFF, but now I am a senior citizen and those years are all gone when I could have been in better shape. It saddens me that I have wasted all those years.

I have a cousin who has fought her weight all her life but six months ago went on the Nutra System plan had has lost over 70 pounds.
My daughter is planning to have the Lapband surgery.
I wish she could control her eating better but she apparently is not able.

I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you as well as my prayer's. I pray the Lord will guide you.
God bless.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons