Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Gettin' My Sweat On!!!


Things have been going pretty good here lately. I have been feeling better... for the most part... regarding working out. I still have days when my left ankle would like to see me down for the count... but... I refuse to let it!


The past couple of times at the fitness center... I was able to increase my workout to 30 minutes on the treadmill... and 5 miles on the bike. I can really get a good sweat on doing that! Now... anyone that knows me... knows I hate to be uncontrollably hot... and I hate to sweat! Always have! BUT... I know that I am beginning to love a good "clean" sweat! The more sweat soaking into my clothes... the better! I know that I am clean and showered before I go to workout... so... nothing wrong with a little bit (or lot) of well earned sweat!


Today... Hannah had to work... so Rich and I went. I have been so proud of them both. Rich just keeps himself going at his own pace doing what he can. Hannah has found her favorite machine. She does about 20-30 minutes on the elliptical (or however you spell it). She can get a good sweat on doing that!


I was able to do about 18 and a half minutes on the treadmill today... but I increased my workout on the bike to 6 miles instead of 5. My ankle does not hurt right now... and that makes me extremely happy. I had to stay home from the fitness center yesterday... because my ankle would have liked to see me flat on my back. I actually get a little depressed when I don't get to go. (I never would have thought I would say that in a million years!)


Anyways... I prayed for God to give strength to my feet, ankles and knees during this time. Each step I take is one step closer to victory! I cannot afford to lose my ability!


Every day that I go and workout... I hope I am an inspiration to someone else that may be struggling that day. I hope they see me and think... "If she can do it... I can do it!"

posted by ~Suzii~ at 8:11 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Good for you!!! I do yardwork and do some sweating at that, but I don't go to a gym to work out anymore.
I am trying to watch my diet more carefully because being overweight has caused me too many health problems.
I hope you keep up the good work. I am praying the Lord will help you.
(((Hugs)))

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suz You are such an inspiration to me.
With out your spirit and love where would some 1 like me be?
Youre such a beautiful lady.
One day maybe I can let you through..Some folks are not or have a hard time showing there feelings.But when you say how hard you work out and love yer family you are such an inspiration ...may god bless you...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons