Lady Of Grace

...A Work In Progress...

When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." JOHN 8:12

FOR IT IS BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH - AND THIS NOT FROM YOURSELVES, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD - NOT BY WORKS, SO THAT NO ONE CAN BOAST. FOR WE ARE GOD'S WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS TO DO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR US TO DO." EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Friday, September 05, 2008

Pray, Fight, Win...

It is sometimes in our darkest hour that God's love will shine through to guide us.  I have been in many dark places within myself.  Places where my brain sees no hope... no chance... no light.  However... it is in those places of darkness... where God finds me.

I have many times... tried so hard to figure things out on my own... tried to make things work out the way "I" thought they should be.  The one thing that is a constant in all of these instances is this...

I am always stressing out over something that I need to put into God's hands... because He can see the whole picture and the outcome... and I am stuck at the bottom trying to fight my own way out.

I do believe that we have to fight for what is right... for what is good.  I believe that honesty will get you alot farther in the fight than a lie will take you.  I believe that a true word firmly spoken will travel alot farther than a loud swear word cursed in anger.

I had to write an 8 page letter to our congressman way back when my husband was denied social security for the first time... I presented medical proof with that letter... was completely open and honest... yet firm.  Not even a week later... we received a letter on our answering machine from our congressman saying that there was a congressional interest in our case and they were reviewing the facts.  A couple days or so after that... Social Security left a message on our answering machine saying that my husband would be receiving his first check on such and such a date and if we had any questions to give them a call.

I had to fight.

I felt like when my Mama was diagnosed with cancer... I had to fight for her to live... because when the doctor told her that day that she actually had cancer.... all of her own fight left her soul.  She fought so hard all her life for so many things before the cancer... but that day  I saw it leave through her eyes.  Her face said it.  I fought in my heart for her life until her very last breath was taken... then... it felt like I was fighting my mother... because she wanted me to let her go to be with Jesus.  When I finally gave in... I said... in that room... "Jesus... take my Mama in your arms and take her home."

I felt her leave this earth.... but I had to fight.

Then when Rich got sick... I felt like I had to fight to help find a way to keep him alive................

God keeps people alive.  Rich got deathly ill in 1996.  God has kept him alive for 12 extra years.  Who am I to contend with that?  Who is the bigger winner?  I have nothing but faith that I fight with.   But let me tell you something...... 

FAITH IN MY GOD... AND THE TRUST THAT I HAVE IN HIM HAS BROUGHT ME THROUGH THE TOUGHEST TIMES IN MY LIFE!

I know this...

I have to remember all of this... 

I have to share this...

this love...

this hope...

this faith...

God truly is the creator of all things.  He knows our every thought... he knows our worries... he knows our fears... he knows the outcome before the fight.  

All we have to do is find it in ourselves to trust in something bigger than the issues this world can throw at us.  Trust in God... not only will he set you free... he will bring you victory in all situations.  The outcome may not always be what we expected... but it will ALWAYS be in our best interest.

With that...
I am trusting that the Lord keeps me and my family and our current fight in his hands... and brings us out to the other side victorious!

posted by ~Suzii~ at 8:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MySpace Icons

About Me

My Photo
Name: ~Suzii~
Location: Elm Grove, West Virginia, United States

I live each day the best I can. I thank God for every tiny little thing that I have. I would like to write the book that is in my heart to write... or should I say... finish it. God sees us at the core of who we are... and He still loves us anyway. He is the reason and purpose I exist in this world... and He has entrusted me with a family to care for... and with a heart to share with others how much He loves everyone. (This is a note to self... "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10")

View my complete profile

I will call upon the Lord! Who is worthy to be praised! So shall I be saved from my enemies! The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons PREVIOUS POSTS
MySpace Icons

Powered by Blogger


MySpace Icons
JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Codes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. ~1 Corinthians 13~  

>
MySpace Icons